Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I've been thinking about upgrading my tank for a while now... I've had the 54g corner bow for 2.5 years which was upgraded from a 12g nano that I had for 2 years before that. The tricky part here is going to be the actual switch between tanks since the new one is going in the same place as the old one so I'm going to do as much as possible upfront.

I'm planning on bigger fish and maybe going with semi-aggressive one's this time but I want to keep my Clowns and Mandarins for breeding soooo.... I'm going to plumb in a smaller tank (20-30g maybe??) into the same system, it will be about 8 feet away. Then will switch out pieces of live rock every couple of weeks for the Mandarins, they also love Ova so I don't have to fully depend on the LR for feeding.

I'll update with some pics and a list of what I got so far tomorrow but wanted to get this thread going :smile:

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
current setup...

Attachments

• 2012-08-21 14.13.31.jpg
    2012-08-21 14.13.31.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 513

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Wow, I would be so nervous about the tank possibly blowing out on account of the damaged center brace.:yikes:
You mention wanting to paint the brace, how about replacing the brace? Honestly, I would just buy a new 55, I just wouldn't be able to sleep. yeah, I'm a girl....LOL

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Wow, I would be so nervous about the tank possibly blowing out on account of the damaged center brace.:yikes:
You mention wanting to paint the brace, how about replacing the brace? Honestly, I would just buy a new 55, I just wouldn't be able to sleep. yeah, I'm a girl....LOL

The bad brace is on the 120 Long, not the sump so it's a little harder to get a new tank. You can see in my pics it came with a white steel support brace that I put on top to keep it from flexing, it worked well.

I did epoxy the plastic though tonight but don't think I'll ever trust it 100% as you said lol.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: