d5332

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.9%
94   3   0
Makes sense, I siphoned out most of the sand and two wrasses because looking for a way to break out, must be stressed from not being able to bury themselves properly.

I did buy a den for them and have not gotten around to setting it up.

I'm pretty sure that I read somewhere, that the 'pacing' back and forth, is an anxiety problem and is not a good sign about the fish' health.

thirty6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
are you going to add all the clowns at one time? I would like to add more than the two I have, but was under the impression it wasn't best idea. Provide enough hiding space/host it is good to go?

vujuta9a.jpg

meru3u3e.jpg

ruja7u9u.jpg

y4any2uv.jpg

5ubutu3e.jpg

gymu2a6a.jpg

a4u3y3yb.jpg

ymy6a3a9.jpg

ta5a5age.jpg

qadu7uba.jpg

a8u3une7.jpg

hy8yju8e.jpg

y8ajera2.jpg

sysyhy9e.jpg

ybesurez.jpg

y3y5ames.jpg

a5ymu3yq.jpg

Tank still looks good - those clowns are going to love it in there. Are you stocking with one type or trying a few varieties of clownfish?

Yeah I used to have 3 species before I lost all of them :( so I will be trying that again. I will have 5 ocellaris/percula, 2-3 pink skunk clown and 2-3 black saddleback. With my old crew, they each used to keep to their own anemones, the ocellaris with the BTAs, skunks with the magnifica and saddlebacks with the carpets. It's probably a long shot to have that perfectly happen again but I'll take a chance.

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
nice u still got ur tank going hommie even after the set backs am just reefing again after few most of not having the energy but its nice some of the old faces still got there tank's going

The tank looks great. What happened to the clams?
Thanks Jim. Unfortunately the clams have been the most recent and severe loss. The big squamosa died while I was away on summer vacation, left the parents to tend to the tank and I don't know what they did, but everything was off when I came back. The derasa I picked up from pop corals two swaps ago but it developed that hinge issue that some people experience. I had repaired it with some cloth and glue, but ultimately it died 2-3 months down the road. And the maxima was the last one standing. Honestly I think that one went because surprisingly my cleaner wrasse grew a liking to it and kept picking at the mantle. I didn't realize till the damage was too far gone, so sadly that one went as well.

I've considered getting a nice clam on the larger end as a centerpiece on the sand, so most likely a derasa or squamosa as they are my favorite anyways, but I don't want anymore empty shells on my hands so I'm skeptical.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: