Rickyrooz

Acropora Nut
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The new tank is 48lx18wx10h and I'm trying to re-use my 2 kessil a80's. After seeing this, I was considering biting on the aquatic life 36" hybrid which is 4 x 39w t5ho's + the a80's mounted (primarily for supplement in this case).

Any chance you think that would be enough par?

Yes, with the tank being 10" tall that will be plenty of light.

tsouth

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thinking about the bulb combination, your ratio is 3:1 on blue plus to coral plus. Having a 4 bulb fixture, I am between 2 blue plus + 2 coral plus, or 3 blue plus + 1 coral plus. I'm leaning towards the latter but am worried about it being too washed out with blues. With the a80's I expect I can lighten it up a bit.

Do you have an answer towards a combination that would better match your setup?

Also, what are you using for actinic?

Last edited:

Rickyrooz

Acropora Nut
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thinking about the bulb combination, your ratio is 3:1 on blue plus to coral plus. Having a 4 bulb fixture, I am between 2 blue plus + 2 coral plus, or 3 blue plus + 1 coral plus. I'm leaning towards the latter but am worried about it being too washed out with blues. With the a80's I expect I can lighten it up a bit.

Do you have an answer towards a combination that would better match your setup?

Also, what are you using for actinic?

I use three ATI Blue Plus and one ATI Purple Plus for my frag tank. It really makes the colors "pop" but if you want a whiter look I would swap out a Purple Plus and add a Coral Plus. Three Blue Plus and one Coral Plus is not too blue in my opinion.

Rickyrooz

Acropora Nut
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
01252020FTS.jpg

Updated full tank shot from today

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
Insane colors- I saw that you started with a pair of Hamilton 20KK bulbs. How did you like those?
I’m trying to decide on Hamilton vs Radiums for the new build. Thanks

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: