• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

epares

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Manhattan Reefers!-- I have been reading this board for a while now, not saying much, but sucking up info like a sponge. I have bought a skimmer from kimoyo , Fishywoo has been gracious enough to bring me some frags. I wanted to share my thread on Reef central with everyone on the board, And just say thank you for all the info!! -- Also have a great holiday ( whichever one you happen to celebrate!) and A wonderful new year!-- enjoy and let me know what you think.. I will be updating with new pics as time permits!--E

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1002748

epares

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!-- It feels great to be able to get to this point!-- now its just endless tinkering!

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
it's pretty simple, you can attach the photos from your desktop.

in the go advanced post section there is a paperclip icon, click that and the attachement window pops up, just browse to the photos then click the paper clip again when they have loaded.

otherwise you can upload them to our server, under photo gallery hit the upload button and follow the directions, it's easy also.

one thing RC does not allow picture linking, so don't link pics from thier site it just shows up as a big RC logo.

epares

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Step one of tank build

I will post the progression here on Manhattan Reefs and save everybody a couple of mouse clicks!-- Thanks for looking...

Here is day one a blank wall...

Attachments

• july 078.jpg
    july 078.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 221

epares

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cutting the hole

Here is the wall with the hole cut,, no looking back now!:help:

Attachments

• july 103.jpg
    july 103.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 214

epares

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
meanwhile across the room...

While I was tearing up the wall while the kids were sleeping, I was also adding my power distro and sump in the utility room ( it is about 10 feet away from the tank). Luckily all the guts of the house are there. Easy access to plumbing, electrical, etc...

Attachments

• Sept 035.jpg
    Sept 035.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 222
  • july 081.jpg
    july 081.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 215
  • july 180.jpg
    july 180.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 216

epares

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With Electricity comes lights!

Now that the power is in place, I can mount my lights!! I picked up a Hamilton 6 foot 3- 175 watt MH, with 2-96W compfl from someone used on Reef Central. It was a great deal, a pickup only, the guys lived only three towns over in NJ! Wooo HOoo--what a deal. He wanted 375 for the light. He said he was having problems with it. I tore it apart, rewired it and changed the bulbs, good as new....

Attachments

• august 075.jpg
    august 075.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 134

epares

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Lights are on and the rock is cycling

After the lights got mounted, i Got a couple of buds over and we put the tank in place and then after rinsing the rock I started up the whole system and let the rocks cure for about a month..

epares

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
building the reveal around the tank

I wanted to frame my tank as I would a picture frame, but I also wanted it inset so that I would have a small shelf to rest things on. ( coffee- for the early mornings, Beer- for the late nites) This strategy has been very helpful in alot of ways...

Attachments

• august 084.jpg
    august 084.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 124
  • august 082.jpg
    august 082.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 125

epares

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finishing up the trim

I needed to find a solution as to how to finish the top, and yet still have access from the front, while I thought about the best way, I fiinished up the trim and stained what I had done

Attachments

• Sept014.jpg
    Sept014.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 116

epares

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
crushed coral

Timing is everything!-- I thought the end of the year would be appropriate!! I need to replace all of that crushed coral you see in the pic, I am not liking the way it looks now.. too much constant vacuuming to keep clean, I need to keep my Goby busier!!!-- see you on the 28th!

E - Nice job. About time you posted some pics. Time to put a few more corals in.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: