editour2

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Nice video and tank !!!!
I am assuming that the 220 gal tank is 6' long ....(x 24" x 29" h)?

Out of curiosity how many fish do you have in there?

I have a 215 DT and came to the conclusion that I would need 5 Radions to adequately light the tank for SPS.....or 4 x Mitras LX7206. I personally could not afford either of those (in that quantity) so I use 2 x Reefbreeders Photon 32 V2+ units in conjunction with 4 x 80 watt T5's.

Rating - 100%
204   0   0
Nice video and tank !!!!
I am assuming that the 220 gal tank is 6' long ....(x 24" x 29" h)?

Out of curiosity how many fish do you have in there?

I have a 215 DT and came to the conclusion that I would need 5 Radions to adequately light the tank for SPS.....or 4 x Mitras LX7206. I personally could not afford either of those (in that quantity) so I use 2 x Reefbreeders Photon 32 V2+ units in conjunction with 4 x 80 watt T5's.

Thanks boss, I appreciate that. So to address your first question, yes the tank is your standard 6 feet and 24 deep x 29H.

So the lights in the tank when I shot this video was a 60 inch 6 bulb t5 along with 4 acan LED lights. Since than I got 4 Radions. 1 for the office 60 gallon tank and 3 on the main display. I'm not sure who told you you need 5 radions for a 215 but the best test is by getting a PAR meter and testing the PAR that you would need for your SPS. WWC likes to have their radions up high (22 inches off water) so they get better spread in the overall tank. I say that because you would have to consider that too. That being said, I am looking to rent a PAR meter soon so I can properly gauge where my par is at and if I need to get a 4th radion for my system.

Regarding the fish in the tank - I had a lot ha like a lot. I had about over 40 fish in 300 gallon water volume. Now if you ask me that is a lot! I was going 30% weekly water changes, dosing Vinegar and have a pretty kick *** skimmer. My thought process has totally changes since I had my more recent cyano outbreak :(

I decided to cut down on all the tangs which I recently sold so I can bring in one very special fish! Video to some soon :)

I also decided to keep a few wrasses in my office grow out tank and find the clown fish a new home because they were getting large enough that they were also producing a good amount of bio.

That's the plan for now! New video of the tank to come soon because that last one was shot in July. Thanks for looking!

editour2

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Regarding the # of Radions/Mitras for a 72" tank....the consensus came from individuals who own both fixtures....I was/am following threads on RC for both of those lights. See Sanjay's tank....multiple Radions on his tank and Slief's tank on RC (he used both and now uses the Mitras). It really does have to do with PAR but also....coverage and lack of shadowing. The Orphek lights are pretty interesting as well.

I can't afford either LOL but am happy with my setup.

Again, great tank and look forward to the new video.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
Regarding the # of Radions/Mitras for a 72" tank....the consensus came from individuals who own both fixtures....I was/am following threads on RC for both of those lights. See Sanjay's tank....multiple Radions on his tank and Slief's tank on RC (he used both and now uses the Mitras). It really does have to do with PAR but also....coverage and lack of shadowing. The Orphek lights are pretty interesting as well.

I can't afford either LOL but am happy with my setup.

Again, great tank and look forward to the new video.

Like they say, if it ain?t broke! Don?t fix it. Thanks boss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
204   0   0
815c5d30eed73143e707ef77546700c9.jpg

The crazy drives (2 hours on the belt parkway lol) we take to get a special coral lol. Let?s hear about some of your craziest road trips for a coral or fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
204   0   0
Is , true.

i see the pic.
Great.

hey guys, I wanted to share this short 1 minute video with the community because I got that great feeling you feel when you know your fish that out grow your tank are going to an awesome tank. This was definitely one of those instances and it was great to see how well the Blondie tang that I have had for sometime go into this master piece!

The member is Simon and goes by Ca1ore and man does he have a nice setup with lots of reef keeping knowledge!

https://youtu.be/Dqrgxq3Fyr8

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Hey guys, as promised, here is the new add to the tank. The Gem tang that my wife and I have not named yet. This is why I was selling all those tangs a few weeks ago :) About 50% of the corals you see were provided by Tusi, Vio and MikeNY and ReefNY that were small frags but now taking off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMoezOZr89k
Sweet! Good luck with it!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: