Hey guys, I'm upgrading to 300 gallon. I picked up a miracles tank from another member out in NJ. Dimensions are 96×30×24. Super excited to get this going but being that I have a very mature 150 gallon reef running, I will be taking my time, not to mention everything will we transferred 45 minutes away. Here's the beginning of it all though. Hope you all enjoy the progress.
0e4c01c2554a1655c46fb3b9b8619455.jpg
3281b7dab78028996103c91d9305d1d3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

lake985

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Thanks man, took a little while but it was well worth it, an 8' tank is more than imagined. Your trigger will definitely be happy swimming around here

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Yeah I’m sure he’ll love it. The tank is beautiful. Can’t wait to see it once you’ve transferred everything over. You’ll have lots of room for new frags.

Jamesmost

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Not liking the pink insulation under tank...
When i set up my 300 I put 1/4" self leveling foam..
It flexed and cracked the 6 'long front eurobrace..

Came down to it in the morning..

Quick drain.... had a new piece of starfire cut and had a little day project...

Now sits on 1/4" steel plate & 3/4" oak ply,,, no foam...

d5332

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.9%
94   3   0

So the guy I bought it from gave me that piece of insulation and he had it on there for over a year so I feel pretty comfortable with leaving it as it is fully compressed at this point. Too much work to empty it now, it has over 400lbs of sand and 300lbs of rock and about half way filled with water.

Jamesmost

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
So did Mine when I had to empty it, just saying,,,
Me personally, never again

So the guy I bought it from gave me that piece of insulation and he had it on there for over a year so I feel pretty comfortable with leaving it as it is fully compressed at this point. Too much work to empty it now, it has over 400lbs of sand and 300lbs of rock and about half way filled with water.

Wow very nice. I have a 34 gallon Red Sea for months now and it’s still not wet. Smh.

How long did it take to make all that water?
Are you gonna mix the salt in the tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!

So far I only had to make 65G and it took about 20 hours because I have low pressure and in need to change my membranes but ideally it should have been done in about 10-12 hours for an RO/DI unit that supposedly puts out 150gpd.

I had a 55G full of rock already for the last 2 months and another 45G tank with just a couple fish. Took the water from those 2 tanks along with what I had made here and I'm guesstimating about 150G of water if you take into account the displacement of the rock. Looks about right if you're looking at the tank and it's about halfway filled.

Anyways, I'll be bringing the rest of my water from my current 150G, a 45G sump and 30G fuge. Should be enough to fill the tank and my 150G sump. I figure I'll have plenty of water and hopefully won't need to make anymore, other than some emergency RO/DI water on hand.

Oh and about the salt, no I did not mix the salt in the tank, that's never a good idea. I mean if your tank is completely empty, maybe you can consider it but I had sand laid out already.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: