How are you liking those ATI Strattons? What made you go with them over let's say Radion Gen 5"s or Orphek Atlantik V4's?
I love them, I'm dying for one more. Ideally I should've had 4 all this time but unfortunately things don't always work out.

Anyways, I tried Radion XR30 Gen 4s on my 150 cube and although the design on the Gen 5s is totally different, I really hated the spotlight effect of them. Relative to price, they don't seem to offer nearly as much coverage. I figured I'd need at least 8 XR30s to get decent coverage over my tank, which is about $7300 with tax.

The ATI Straton is just a beautiful fixture in comparison, silent due to the passive cooling. Sleek design, it's honestly no thicker than the diameter of a nickel and one fixture covers 30"30" with no issue. Even at retail if I bought all 4 fixtures they're still cheaper ($4,750) than Radions and much better quality IMO.

My other choice was ReefBreeder Photons V2

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

editour2

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Lol...I have the reefbreeders photon V2's running down the middle of my tank with a pair of Orphek 60" OR3's in front and a pair in back...angled in towards the center. Each pair of OR3's is made up of a Reef Day and a Blue Plus. Did you consider the Orphek Atlantik V4 gen 2's?

Attachments

• 20201116_174647.jpg
    20201116_174647.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20201116_174619.jpg
    20201116_174619.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
That sargassum trigger is nice; hopefully he’s a little mellower than the niger trigger lol. How’s the tank coming along?
Yeah he's pretty mellow, I would say exact same temperament as a bluethroat.

Tank is coming along nicely though, still kind of settling but overall I can't complain. Won't be able to get the same stability as my other tank for a while but thay was set up for almost 10 years.

How's yours?

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

lake985

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Yeah he's pretty mellow, I would say exact same temperament as a bluethroat.

Tank is coming along nicely though, still kind of settling but overall I can't complain. Won't be able to get the same stability as my other tank for a while but thay was set up for almost 10 years.

How's yours?

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Good to hear! You’ll be on cruise control before you know it.

My tank is doing well…finally hitting my stride with acros.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: