ClosetFishGeek

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
I dunno about that, the pellets I have seen looks small enough to get through.

Maybe running high flow through the reactor once in while will help clear out the sponges? Didn't the Zeovit media requiring "stirring" weekly to prevent clogging too?

Its called plastic canvis and I use it my reactor....perfect size holes just right.... ;o) They sell it at any craft store.

ClosetFishGeek

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
I dunno about that, the pellets I have seen looks small enough to get through.

Maybe running high flow through the reactor once in while will help clear out the sponges? Didn't the Zeovit media requiring "stirring" weekly to prevent clogging too?

This is why I use a zeovit reactor for the pellets....very good flow thru as well as the option of manually stirring them.

juiceguy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I started using the pellets and one word of caution, watch your PH. From what I understand the rapid colonization of bacteria drops the PH.

drops in your ph are the results of the BP producing to much CO2, try directing the output from the BP near your skimmer input. it also depends on how high your N and P were when you started the BP, higher levels results in a faster colonization of bacteria on the BP.

ari5736

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
drops in your ph are the results of the BP producing to much CO2, try directing the output from the BP near your skimmer input. it also depends on how high your N and P were when you started the BP, higher levels results in a faster colonization of bacteria on the BP.

Mine are in a mesh bag in sump right before skimmer.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: