ducati335i

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
178   0   1
okay, so im looking at a 350 gallon tank
72 x 36 x 31 from glass cages,, their stuff any good? problems?

i'd like to get over flows on the sides... in the wall on one side and other side will be open...
sump in basement

i love t5's but iguess i might go w/ halids... idk..

but its on.. ordering the tank this week!:birthday:

Bob 1000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Glasscages silicone sucks you might have a leak in 5 years,,lol.. I say this because I siliconed my own tank and did a better job then them..
If you need help let me know.. I hat eto see you take a huge loss after calculating this for some time now..

ducati335i

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
178   0   1
waiting on prices for these tanks, and goin through with it all... looking at

a

7 ft tank, 36 inches deep and 26? inches tall? what do you guys think?
i'll get the base 3 ft? or any better dimensions to use?

also, can i use water from the ocean? like 300 gallons of ocean water and the rest i'll make? any need to cycle? very excited... i'll post a new thread when the build starts...

i appreciate any help and feedback you guys can give me.. i want to do it once, and done right......

D1J8Z

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
are you trying to get an acrylic tank ? Rimless? Starfire?

Ever consider just ordering the Marineland 300 with starfire front?

I have heard good and bad things about glasscages, I was told to thoroughly inspect it when you pick it up or when it is delivered.

ducati335i

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
178   0   1
are you trying to get an acrylic tank ? Rimless? Starfire?

Ever consider just ordering the Marineland 300 with starfire front?

I have heard good and bad things about glasscages, I was told to thoroughly inspect it when you pick it up or when it is delivered.

yeah, too many negatives from glasscages.. going with tenecor or a diff brand... i was thinking of the marineland, but i want all 4 sides visible with two over flows in the middle of the tank....

i'm totally taking a wall down and keeping it open on all four sides..

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
I would not have a tank that is any deeper than 26", I think even 20" would do fine(by depth, i mean from top to bottom). The deeper the tank, the more powerful lighting you will need. The tank is going to be very long and wide, you dont need the extra water volume on this tank, I would go with 20"-24" deep. Just food for thought

ducati335i

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
178   0   1
I would not have a tank that is any deeper than 26", I think even 20" would do fine(by depth, i mean from top to bottom). The deeper the tank, the more powerful lighting you will need. The tank is going to be very long and wide, you dont need the extra water volume on this tank, I would go with 20"-24" deep. Just food for thought

true, sounds good.. maybe 26 tall.. 36-40 feet from front to back.... and 7 ft wide

will the center dual overflows in the center of the tank be okay? flow mightb be an issue, ugh

D1J8Z

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
true, sounds good.. maybe 26 tall.. 36-40 feet from front to back.... and 7 ft wide

will the center dual overflows in the center of the tank be okay? flow mightb be an issue, ugh

search RC and rimless and look through their pages of rimless tanks there is one that matches what you are looking for by a member named summer.

ducati335i

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
178   0   1
who did you end going with for the tank?

im talking to miracles in canada, tenecor and another co that my installer is talking to...,

im goin w best price,, they all seem great...

i'll end up starting a new post when i get the tank...

heres some pix, and that wall between the two door openings will be takin down... tank will come in the middle, either open top or canopy

Attachments

• IMG_0030.jpg
    IMG_0030.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_0031.jpg
    IMG_0031.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 100

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: