KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Time for a bump (once every 2 years! lol)..after the odd Winter where the pond never even froze over, it was time to get working on the pond so today I cleaned out my barrel filter and started it up as I have some algae beginning to develop due to the warm temps.

The water is already at 50 degrees and may well stabilize there with the warm weather forecast for this week. I don't want to start feeding the fish until the filter gets a jump on becoming established.

I will need to replace my UV bulb this season as it has been such a help in the past and makes the pond so much easier to care for.

Everything still looks pretty much the same as the most recent pics. Will take some new pics this season once the plants start to grow in.

Last edited:

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
I look forward to the pix of your pond (every two years ;) ). I know you had beau coup damage from the hurricane so new pix would be great. Good luck with it.....

R

Hey Russ ;)The Hurricane? lol...I didn't even lose any power during that! It was that Spring storm from hell that came out of nowhere that was way more of a problem. The pond did fine through both events - thank goodness!

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Hey Russ ;)The Hurricane? lol...I didn't even lose any power during that! It was that Spring storm from hell that came out of nowhere that was way more of a problem. The pond did fine through both events - thank goodness!

My bad....glad to hear everything escaped unscathed. :)

You do know the rules though.......

Attachments

• this_thread_is_worthless_without_pics.gif
    this_thread_is_worthless_without_pics.gif
    11.8 KB · Views: 160

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
My bad....glad to hear everything escaped unscathed. :)

You do know the rules though.......

Yeah, yeah, yeah...I know. I actually took a few pics over the weekend when I started to rework the landscaping behind the pond. I need to upload them to Photobucket.

I did pick up a new (well used, but it has a new bulb!) UV light from my FW club auction but found out that it was missing a piece when I tried to hook it up. Today I finally got the manufacturer on the phone and they are sending me the part free of charge :) Doubtful that anyone wants to see my green water, so the pics of the fish will have to wait a bit as I can only see them when they come up to feed..lol

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: