duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
dont add a damsel....listen i was extremely nervous when i first started ..asked alot of dumb questions u can see from my first posts.relax buy a book and sit and read.he may be young and just nervous.i still ask questions but its mostly about things i have not come across yet..i could google it but someother peeople may have the same issues and it helps if there is a thread about it here

DCG1286

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
181   0   0
Good luck with the tank ... I SERIOUSLY hope you take peoples advice here and NOT listen to what YOU think is right, because that's really going to get you no where.

NYCDominican gave you a simple layout of what you should be doing. Personally I don't give a damn for Damsels and wouldn't waste my time trying to catch the nasty buggers once they are in the tank. That's just me.

As someone else said lay off the for sale threads ... free doesn't mean just go and take it ... then kill it.

PATIENCE ... Find something else to do while the tank cycles. The tank can't be the only thing you focus on every freaking day. lol.

Also posting pics of even an empty tank will give people more of an idea of what's going on with the tank.

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Although this guy basically threatened to poison my tank i will TRY to give some help.

Your upgrade is very large, The new tank should be filled with salt water, sand, and rock and let it sit and cycle. Do not transfer any of your live stock to that tank. A cycle on each tank is different. Different tanks experience different die offs at different times during the cycle and it isn't safe to just say its fully cycled after 3 weeks or a month. Personally if i was doing this i would leave your current tank running and enjoy it while the new tank cycles. Then once the new tank is cycled and you know what your doing go ahead and acclimate anything from the 38 that you want in the large tank. Then you could sell or turn the old tank into a hospital tank or whatever you want . Ive watched you post on every livestock forsale/for free thread in the past 2 weeks. why i dont know.

I think you should really hire a store/maintenance company to setup and run your setup until you learn what your doing. People advised you to learn with your 38 but you obviously didn't listen.

jcs11236

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
sorry to jack this thread but im planning on upgrading my 10 gal into a 28gal jbj. should i just do the transfer and add a lil more live sand and saltwater or do you guys suggest i let the new 28 gal run a few months with live sand and a piece of live rock and then do transfer eveything.. any ideas/suggestions will be helpful.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: