Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
:bablefish
Hello Guys & Gals, I'm starting over after a couple of misfortunes. I was diagnosed with cancer at the same time that we moved. I hired someone to move my tanks who didn't do such a good job after all. To furthere bring on tragedy to my tanks the boiler in the new place broke down. Keyspan had us wait 4 days before they sent someone to fix it. Consequently I lost everything in my reef, as well as my cichlid tank. By the way I am not giving all this info. for your pity, just so that you may understand that I am not looking to rip anyone off. But I can use some help with reasonable pricing on the things that I need to purchase. I wish that money was no problem, but it is. I am not able to return to work as yet, therefore I am working with limited funds. For those that feel that if I don't have unlimited funds for the hobby I should just get out of the hobby, here is my answer. I just can't stand to look at an empty tank. I never shut it down because of the LR, and a pair of rock anenomies that survived. I sincerely hope that I am not offending anyone. I don't think I am, this is MR not RC after all. As I am sure there are those here that understand that our hobby can be costly I am only looking for a little help with the prices.
I have already started with my reef, as a matter of fact I've done business with "Deepwater & rstimeout". You can check with them as to my character. The things I am looking to purchase are as follow:
1 ICECAP 660 with harnes
3-60" white actinic bulbs
3-60" actinic 3 bulbs
1 goldstripe maroon clown
small reef safe fish, no damsels please
Macro Algea
Corals LPS, softies, and anything else that can live under
VHO
And of course Freebies are always welcomed :eek: .
Thank you all for taking the time to read my post.

Awilda

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
check out the freebie thread in the for sale section, it's at the top.

livestock you can get for free or almost free here, and the equipment if your patient is always cheap here also. good luck!

charile1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
I have a gsp frag and and a small kenya tree you can have for free. Just make a small donations to MR when you get back on your feet. Let me know if you are interested. Pick up will be in midtown manhattan or besonhurst brooklyn.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Hello Charile1,Tonyscoots, and Michael Stern. Thank you all for your responce, and time. This is embarrasing but what exactly is a gsp? Thank you for the offer of the Kenya Tree, but my son,and I picked one up from rstimeout this past Monday. And we all know how quickly this little coral will grow, and spread if allowed to. You guys have no idea how you have all warmed my heart. Thank you thank you......
Tonyscoots, I will check with my son to see if and when he can take me to Staten Island.
Michael I read your pm, and I pm back. Thank you again.

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Hey Awilda,

How are you doing? I see you made it here :) Alot of good people here so be patient and take your time restocking. No need to go crazy all at once. I already see you all over the place ;)... Remember what I told you before. Dont make me plaster your pic all over the board...:)

Later,

Kasei

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Hey Kasei,
I sent you PM a few days back. How are you doing? I actually made it here back in 2003. Just haven't been around for the past year or so. Been quite busy, especially with cancer treatments. PM me with equipment you may have for sale.

Awilda

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: