SuRFeR BoY

BooSten Audi A4 -Aim
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
i am looking for a few oysters to decorate my tank ... they dont have to be any special kind and i am look for small ones... leave me a message here or PM me thank you Peter

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
how about flame scallops? much easier to take care of

Watch what you just said, I was flamed 2 zillion times here when I decided to keep my scallops. Luckily, they are all good and have grown twice the size. Probably I am the only person here who would feed phyto and algae to my tank even though it's quite common in other countries to feed live(not frozen) food.

BTW, I do not find oyster to be good looking as to decorate a tank. Please tell me which one you are thinking of that you consider good looking. It's just another rock like thing to me. However, it's interesting to watch when they open their shells up once a while. I had kept them only because, my sushi bar owner friend is going to dump them due to their small unsellable size. One of them die next day, the other one died in the powerhead explosion 7 months after, I still have one living quite good.

SuRFeR BoY

BooSten Audi A4 -Aim
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
im not a big fan of flame scallops. i think that the regular jewels, thorny or spiny opysters are just intresting and would add some personality to my tank. i add phyto plankton to my tank... is this not a good idea? i thought alot fo stuff feeds off of it? i read the oysters eat, phyto, snow, and bacteria.. this not true?

scarf_ace1981

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
phyto is ok surfer boy as long as you don't overdue it. you can easily ovedose phyto. since you can't see it in the tank you think it's gone and if you continue to overdose you can have algae blooms or water chemistry problems.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: