Hitsnorth

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Anyone have one they want to sell? I pulled my mag 7 out today and it had rust on the screws and inside. I need to replace it ASAP. If someone has another pump that is quiet and does 700+ GPH let me know.

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
I have the vinyl screws (same size, that works great) to replace the rusted out ones, since the same thing happened to me, however, it destroyed my tank!!!

Let me know how and when you would like to meet, if you want them. I will bring the screws with me to work tomorrow just in case.

NYPDFrogman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
solbby said:
I have the vinyl screws (same size, that works great) to replace the rusted out ones, since the same thing happened to me, however, it destroyed my tank!!!

Let me know how and when you would like to meet, if you want them. I will bring the screws with me to work tomorrow just in case.

if you submerge stainless steel it should not rust, if you expose it to air and saltwater at the same time(partially exposed when water level drops) it will rust.
I've run a mag 5 on my 65 gal tank for 4 years with no problems.
replacing the screws with nylon is a good idea

Hitsnorth

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Im think maybe replacing the Mag with another mag isnt the best of ideas.. I should probably go for something different quiet one or one of the GENX submersibles..

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
NYPDFrogman said:
if you submerge stainless steel it should not rust, if you expose it to air and saltwater at the same time(partially exposed when water level drops) it will rust.
I've run a mag 5 on my 65 gal tank for 4 years with no problems.
replacing the screws with nylon is a good idea
Actually that is not true, unfortunately for me. Check out this thread.

http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4384

If you look at the RC thread that Dean posted in the thread, stainless steel comes in many forms and most can rust.

Needless to say my tank was partially destroyed from the rust. After removing the pumps, many water changes and polyfilter being run, my tank is bouncing back.

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Hits,
I have a GX2400
635 GPH
7.5ft maximum lift
UL approved
Ceramic shaft
1/2",3/4"" ID Hose fittings for return included
PSI rating 3.41
Flow rate at 3' Head 450gph
Flow rate at 5' Head 265gph
Power Consumption 40 Watts

and a GX4100
1085 GPH
9.2ft maximum lift
UL approved
Ceramic Shaft
PSI Rating 3.98
5/8" and 1" ID Hose fittings included.
750 gallons at 3' Head
650 gallons at 5' Head
Power Consumption 70 Watts

These are NIB.

$25 for the 2400
$40 for the 4100

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
solbby said:

will they fit a mag 18 ,,if so ,,do you have etxra for me ,,

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: