HELP!!! My zoas are Disappering!! - Page 4 - Reefs.com

Home  / Forums  / Global Forums  / Zoanthids  /  HELP!!! My zoas are Disappering!!
12-02-2013, 10:32 PM
What if I leave my led strip on all night? Will they not come out since there is light? Will that have any effects on my tank? I'm sure right? This is really bananas!! Everything was going so well!

Fish Hoarder
12-02-2013, 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob&Gab View Post

from all your stuff said and done i think its a nudi.

yo Rob unless he has a colony of zoa eaters nudis zoas won't disappear overnight, usually zoas will fully close while a nudi eats them

12-02-2013, 11:44 PM
and a nudi can eat a small colony in one night.

12-02-2013, 11:45 PM
cause he said he was loosing one frag per night. it is explainable for the nudi if it is that way. thats what im thinking it is.

12-02-2013, 11:47 PM
Help me rob!! How do I get rid of what I can't see?

12-02-2013, 11:51 PM
hard to say bro. i wouldnt want to tell you one thing and its another issue. Nudi's hide during the day in the (ROCKS) dont get scared. never had them thank god. But ive never delt with the problem my self. Do some research on the computer threw google. and read your butt off. i dont want to give you any wrong advice. im sure people on here have had a nudi problem before.

12-03-2013, 12:59 AM
Always dip your Coral, doesn't matter who you get it from friends, family etc.. Dipping works very easy, you take them out mix in desired solution (coralrx)with some aquarium water and place coral inside, it's recommended to use a turkey blaster to blow off pests. Afterwords, rinse with clean aquarium water. What you would want to do is also inspect it for nudibranch eggs, they look like tiny white specs laid in a spiral. Yellow choris wrasse is probably the best hunter for similar pest.

12-03-2013, 06:42 PM
Nothing disappeared last night but I left my blue LEDs on all night. Is that bad?

I also went out today and bought the coralRX and a yellow corris wrasse. What corals should I dip? All of them? Lobo? Candy cane? Leathers? Never done this before looking for any kind of tips or tricks from people who have. Thank you in advanced!

Fish Hoarder
12-05-2013, 03:52 AM
Quote:
What corals should I dip? All of them?
Yes
all of them

12-05-2013, 01:11 PM
I guess what ever is eating my zoas ate my green polyp leather??? Just noticed it but almost his whole stem is gone!!! Wtf!!?? He has been looking like **** for the past few weeks I guess this is why? Will nudibranches eat this? Or amphipods? HELP everything is starting to die :'(