HELP!!! My zoas are Disappering!! - Page 5 - Reefs.com

Home  / Forums  / Global Forums  / Zoanthids  /  HELP!!! My zoas are Disappering!!
12-05-2013, 01:12 PM
Green polyp leather
Attached Thumbnails

12-05-2013, 01:13 PM
You really can't see well but almost his whole stem is gone!
Attached Thumbnails

12-05-2013, 01:23 PM
What kind of fish do you have. I had the same problem and found that my Angels had acquired a taste for them. I set up a nano with out fish and I was correct.

papa newbie
12-05-2013, 02:11 PM
i had a hitchhiker gorilla crab - it was small & with fuzzy claws. i noticed them late one night eating one of my colonies down to the plug...tried to grab it with tongs, but it was super fast. ran into a hole in LR and i quickly plugged it with foam. so far so good...

12-05-2013, 02:15 PM
When I look at night I don't see anything. Sometimes I see my emerald crabs but I can't catch them! I put a trap in there last night and all I caught was a hermit crab and a cleaner shrimp lol. I love my tank but this is killing me!

Gabe
12-05-2013, 02:36 PM
I had two emerald crabs that ate zoas and mushrooms at night, it was amazing how fast they consumed them.

12-05-2013, 03:52 PM
My zoas are also disappearing since I got some frags at the swap. I found a nudibranch today on my zoas but couldn't catch it in time.

I'm not sure why nobody has suggested it but the only cure I can find is FLATWORMEXIT by salifert I will be treating my entire system now weekly to kill all adult nudi since it doesn't help w eggs. Anyone have experience w this product? ( i dip coral rx before introducing all frags but I guess I had some eggs somewhere)

12-05-2013, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneymaks24 View Post
My zoas are also disappearing since I got some frags at the swap. I found a nudibranch today on my zoas but couldn't catch it in time.

I'm not sure why nobody has suggested it but the only cure I can find is FLATWORMEXIT by salifert I will be treating my entire system now weekly to kill all adult nudi since it doesn't help w eggs. Anyone have experience w this product? ( i dip coral rx before introducing all frags but I guess I had some eggs somewhere)

always examine your frags bud! under the plug and all i usually pop them off or if i cant i scrape allot of the plug off . Hope all goes well never had that problem so i cant answer! sorry!

12-05-2013, 05:36 PM
My entire frag got eaten in 2 days ( 10 heads zoas) luckily it wasn' my expensive ones but it shouldn't be Long before they make a meal of out them.

Funny thing is that I saw something like a slug when I was dipping and scraped it off. I guess the sucker laid some eggs that are now adults. Ill post my success or failure story after I use this flatworm salifert stuff. Also will be using tweezers to try and catch em ( probably won't work 100% though). Might even set up my old 8 gallon evolve to quarantine but I really don't want to.

Question
12-06-2013, 04:11 PM
I added the yellow corris wrasse to the tank and it seems everyone is picking on her. She just sits in the corner. Should I take her out or leave her in there?
Attached Thumbnails