This tank, highlighted on the Singapore Reef Club’s forum, is owned and maintained by Hon Kit and features a tank dominated by SPS corals.
Some specifics about the tank:
- Salinity: 1.025
- Temperature: 25-27 degrees celcius
- Calcium: 400ppm
- Alkalinity: 7.5-8.0 dKH
- Skimmer: Skimz SM251
- Mechanical filtration: Filter sock
- Dosing pump: Kamoer
- Chiller: Drop-in titanium coil with 1 HP Daikin air-con compressor
- Biopellet / reactor: None
- Chemical filtration: Activated Carbon
- Main return pump: Eheim 1262
- Wave maker: Tunze Turbulle 6125, Tunze Turbulle 6155, vortech MP40wES
- Others Equipments: ATI Sunpower 6X39W + DE retrofit T5 2X39W
- Lighting period: 4 bulbs on for 9.5 hours, 4 bulbs on for 4.5 hours
Kit also uses the Fauna Marin Ultralith system (zeolite stones, bacteria, bacteria food & amino acids) to keep nitrates and phospates low as well as Fauna Marin Reef Color Elements for tweaking SPS coral colours.
Calcium and alkalinity are maintained using Two Little Fishies’ C-Balance with minor tweaks to alkalinity acheived using a sodium bicarbonate solution dosed daily with a dosing pump.
Head over to the Singapore Reef Club’s forum to see more great photos of this tank.