Tenji Inc, a leading Custom Aquarium Design and Construction firm recently set up a 140 gallon SPS reef in their Carmel Valley, California showroom. The tank was started on December 1, 2013, so it’s only 2.5 mos old, but it is already showing tremendous growth.
You can see a live video feed of the aquarium here.
Tank and System Stats:
- Tank is rimless with Starphire front and left end from Planet Aquariums. Back and right end are black.
- Tank size is 54″ x 30″ x 20″ with a 6″ false back (coast to coast overflow) to hide plumbing, recirc pump (your fluval, which is working great…quiet and moves a lot of water), and a tunze wave box.
- Sump is a custom unit by My Reef Creation 36″ x 18″ x 18″. Its white PVC with acrylic view panels.
- Reef octopus POV skimmer with DC motor and Vertex zeolite reactor in the sump.
- Return pump sends water to a Teco chiller, the display and the frag tank
- Also attached to the system is a 48″ x 24″ x 8″ frag tank
- Lighting is ATI 48″ powermodule with 4 T5s and 3-75W LEDs
- System is controlled by Neptune Systems apex unit
- All electrical is hidden in wire chases and a controls enclosure
- In tank water motion is created by Vortech MP40, 1 Tunze wave box, 1 Tunze stream and a Fluval SP sump pump plumbed to a SeaSwirl.