ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
I just noticed today that my black and white and my False Percula just laid egg on the overflow..

Should i just let them do their thing or should i try to raise these frys? I have no idea or experience in taking care of them..

The interesting question is what should i expect from their offspring??

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Congrats and welcome to join the club.

You will have all three kinds of the off springs, regular looking OCs, regular looking B/w, and somewhat mocha looking one. Depends on who is male and female, you can expect the ratio of the 3 kinds are different. You can find the chart of how the male/female gene transcend to their off-springs from the internet.

I have some roti and pods for you buddy.
BTW, how's your brother, have not hang out for the longest time.

ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
first couple let it go but get ready to be a dad soon :)

haha, tell me about it.. I'm not ready!

Congrats and welcome to join the club.

You will have all three kinds of the off springs, regular looking OCs, regular looking B/w, and somewhat mocha looking one. Depends on who is male and female, you can expect the ratio of the 3 kinds are different. You can find the chart of how the male/female gene transcend to their off-springs from the internet.

I have some roti and pods for you buddy.
BTW, how's your brother, have not hang out for the longest time.

Wingo!! Dont know if i could keep them alive.. i have no clue.. :( Dont know if i could tackle that now, lol..

if i want to raise the frys, i need to setup a new tank and catch the babies right after it hatch.. then keep feeding it roti?

ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Congrats! Post a pic of the pair please :)
I love seeing laying pairs. Its a lot of work but very rewarding and like Willie said you will get a few different babies. let me know if you have any questions.

definitely will get some pic up of the breeding pair.. ;) I know i probably have a loong list of questions, lol..

Last edited by a moderator:

reefoman

memberator
Vendor
Rating - 97.7%
126   3   0
I just noticed today that my black and white and my False Percula just laid egg on the overflow..

Should i just let them do their thing or should i try to raise these frys? I have no idea or experience in taking care of them..

The interesting question is what should i expect from their offspring??

Tom I can tell you what you should do... You should sale them to me :D

Congrats !

Regards
mark

ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
So the last batch was gone on Wednesday.. And yesterday, i got another new batch of egg on the overflow.. :)

And i know i need to take some pics, lol..

I didn't know they will lay egg that frequently, haha..

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
So the last batch was gone on Wednesday.. And yesterday, i got another new batch of egg on the overflow.. :)

And i know i need to take some pics, lol..

I didn't know they will lay egg that frequently, haha..

In my experience (which is limited to my pair only) how much you feed is a major factor (more food means more energy to make eggs)

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
it takes about 7 days after they lay to hatch, they will change color from red/orange to a silver, mine like to hatch about 30minutes after lights out, it might be hard to get them by the overflow, but yea once they lay eggs they will keep laying all the time if your water is good

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: