samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
Hello guys,

Wondering where everyone dumps their dirty saltwater? I'm hesitating to dump all the saltwater in my sink for two reason. First my pipe line clogged twice, don't know if the saltwater is killing all the beneficial baterial in the seward pipe. 2nd, i just did a some renovations, and i know for a fact that my seward pipe already getting rusty, will dump saltwater in the sink for a prolong period of time speeds up the rusty pipe, am i asking for trouble? If you are dumping saltwater in the sink, how long have you been doing that for?

I have been trying to pump my water change out the street, but freezing my ass in the cold during the winter. Thinking maybe i'll just pump it to the sink....lol!

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
I dump it down the drain and run freshwater afterwards. I wouldn't worry about any bacteria in your drains unless you have a cesspool. The bacteria in a system without a cesspool does absolutely nothing because there really isn't a spot for it to do anything.

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Toilet but I put a cup of bleach in it and let it sit for one hour before disposing of it.

??????? What is the point of the bleach? ...is this sewer or septic system ?
I believe most toilets have a 'water line/overflow' so that any thing more than the minimum will go down the drain, whether you flush it or not

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: