Macropora

Zoa Echino Aficionado
Rating - 100%
725   0   0
Used Coralife, Reef Crystals for years. Then tried a bucket of Tropic Marin, Red Sea, ESV, and Aqua Vitro. Decided to go with Instant Ocean and have been using it for the past several years. I adjust the Ca and Mg prior to a waterchange.

ducati335i

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
178   0   1
No, all salts are not the same at all... Not saying one is better than the other.. Depends on your own individual tank and the parameters u are trying to keep... I like the no extras in Red Sea non pro.. I add my own alk/cal accordingly.. My tank is much easier to control now and haven't had any burnt tips on Sps

Arati

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
coralife - it mixes clean and reliable same every time. I like the bags 1/2 bag = 30gaallon brute filled to the lower line 1.026. I can make water blindfolded. also its cheap.

debbythefowler

bona-fide REEF NUT
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I have just started using ESV, and after some initial challenges, I'm thrilled with the water. I maintain a 220 gallon (plus 25ish gallon sump) and have been keeping fish for over 40 years, marine fish for over 20. Just started reef-keeping after Sandy - The folks at ESV ought to sell:

buckets with measurements on them (i purchased one)
digital scales (or just tell folks this is the only way to go realistically)

Once I got rolling with both - the cleanest, clearest water I've ever made.

debby

PhoenixOne

"Drugs are bad...mmmkay!"
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Started hobby in '05. Went from Tropic Marine Pro, Seachem, back to TMP, DD H2Ocean, RC and I am now with ESV. TMP was very good but the ALK was always way too low and it was very expensive. DD H2 was pretty good. My corals seem to love it but it left tons of brown calcareous deposits on my pumps and ceased them up. Same with RC. No deposits with ESV but I'm currently experiencing 0.14 PO4 with ESV (first 200g kit I've brought). I may purchase the 25 or 50g next time to see if I get the same PO4 levels. Mixing with scale can be a wee bit time consuming but it mixes clear in no time.

Rickyrooz

Acropora Nut
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Started hobby in '05. Went from Tropic Marine Pro, Seachem, back to TMP, DD H2Ocean, RC and I am now with ESV. TMP was very good but the ALK was always way too low and it was very expensive. DD H2 was pretty good. My corals seem to love it but it left tons of brown calcareous deposits on my pumps and ceased them up. Same with RC. No deposits with ESV but I'm currently experiencing 0.14 PO4 with ESV (first 200g kit I've brought). I may purchase the 25 or 50g next time to see if I get the same PO4 levels. Mixing with scale can be a wee bit time consuming but it mixes clear in no time.

I purchased a 200 gallon mix last week, I made 30 gallons up today for my water change tomorrow. I will test my PO4 before I do the water change to see what PO4 the ESV salt contains in my mixing bin.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: