Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
i "clean" it by shaking the phosban reactor w/ the rocks in it. it takes a few seconds and i shake it up every 1-2 days, the "mulm" or sediment that comes out after shaking feeds the corals so the more often you shake the better imo
This mulm thing really gets attention, please continue to update us. It sounds as if it's a live food factory for the coral.

I am PM 2Sunny to see if he can tell us more about his experience in this system

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
just wanted to give everyone an update now that i have a Hanna Low Range PO4 meter...

Using Ultralith and no other form of Phosphate removal....My PO4 is at 0.05.

Right now my biggest problem is keeping the alk dkH within 6-8...I get a big growth spurt and the alk drops then when i up the 2-part dosage i overshoot 8 and piss everything off...

fritz

OG of this here reef game
Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
Wow! I wonder if it's due to the bacteria or the stones (or both). FM claims that the stones will bind phosphate and then their bacteria will consume it. I stopped using the stones since I went lps but I've still been dosing the bacteria and ultra min. I haven't been doing it long enough on the lps tank to comment.

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
PO4 reading is now 0.01 using the Ultralith System and no other forms of P04 remover...

Now that i have the hanna i have found that increasing the UltraBio and UltraBak will lower P04 significantly.

I highly recommend anyone using Ultralith System to have a good P04 meter like the Hanna, etc. It's hard to figure out the right dosage w/out one.

tosiek

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Going to dig this thread back up since i think this is a nice alternative (although pricey) to phosban. And the fact that i haven't been this happy with my tanks health like this in a long time.

I started using the Ultralith system about 2 1/2 weeks ago and i am amazed at the results so far. Overall health of all coral (i'm running a mixed tank, sps and LPS) and everything is equally healthy and happy. Before i did the tank move alot of my LPS were losing their colors and overall health was lacking, SPS i was having a hard time getting amazing polyp extension/color loss and it continued on untill i started to use the Ultralith system.

In 2 1/2 weeks i've already seen a huge improvement in SPS polyp extension (If they were extended anymore they would pop off) along with color and gained back the colors to half of what they were or better on my LPS/zoa's. Also Po4 has dropped this weekend so the Po4 removal part of the system is starting to kick in.

currently dosing ultraminS, bak, and org at half doses roughly at whats recommended 3x a week as well as using the ultralith with the bacteria addative drops. Also dosing the fauna marin clam addative once or twice a week which i have seen a huge improvement in clam health as well. I don't do exact measurements to the half millimeter with the addatives like alot of people on the zeolite/ultralith boards or check my hanna meter to see if i loose 0.005 Po4 by changing my dose by that much. So, sorry, you guys won't get a write up on it from me :frown:, but all i can say is i'm happy with this product and its only been 2 weeks and it works.

Now its time to wait it out another 2-4 weeks to see how the SPS colors enhance.

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
I recently got to look at the ingredients in the product. High octane fuel for reefs that should be treated with care, HOWEVER, I liked the combinations used for the AA mixture.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: