• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our saltwater aquarium community?
    JOIN NOW

ducati335i

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
178   0   1
Why are you doing this? you want clean dead rock to start the tank? Wouldn't it be easier to order base rock? How are you cleaning the rock after it been left out for 3months? i have some rock that i think would like to clean up as well..

i did order that macro rock as well... then i just ordered the figi for looks..... i just really want to try to have no bad "junk" in there/// im just goin to let the rock create a huge ammonia spike in the tank

chinatown

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
good move. with a tank that size, i'd hate to have any sort of unwanted pests. you could have also boiled those rocks u had sitting in there for 3 months or bleached it.

ducati335i

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
178   0   1
good move. with a tank that size, i'd hate to have any sort of unwanted pests. you could have also boiled those rocks u had sitting in there for 3 months or bleached it.

very true,, i was still on the fence about it... do you guys think running the system w just tap water and leaving it running w no heater or light will kill off everything else? maybe do that for a couple more days?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: