• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

ducati335i

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
178   0   1
its coming along.. just waiting on final lighting and then will fill up with test water for leaks.. should have done so already but just so busy w the house! mark, i still have the triple reds! they are doing well... cant wait to get this thing going.. the sump/fuge is ridiculous.. pix soon

its a 400 display and 225 sump/fuge.. so 625 system

ducati335i

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
178   0   1
so today it should finally be up and running.. im just hoping most of the lr i used is dead...

its been sitting in a bucket rotting away for like 3 months and the new lr i bought yesterday i dumped in very hot water and let it soak 3 times like that.. trying to be proactive and i hope this is enough to do so instead of bleaching it.

ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Why are you doing this? you want clean dead rock to start the tank? Wouldn't it be easier to order base rock? How are you cleaning the rock after it been left out for 3months? i have some rock that i think would like to clean up as well..

so today it should finally be up and running.. im just hoping most of the lr i used is dead...

its been sitting in a bucket rotting away for like 3 months and the new lr i bought yesterday i dumped in very hot water and let it soak 3 times like that.. trying to be proactive and i hope this is enough to do so instead of bleaching it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: