Status
Not open for further replies.

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
some one wanna sell me this neon green button coral.
can someone tell me the value of this coral??
thanks.
The value is what the seller told you.You can start by telling us the price quoted to you. We can tell you if you're paying too much and where you can get it cheaper or free.If you play nicely,a few people here would be willing to throw you some for free because some of these coral take over very fast and some do damage to other corals.For example Yellow polyp,
Gsp,Psp to name a few.

dunghan99

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 75%
12   4   0
now is the advice iam lookin for.thanks jim!
anyway,i got into this hobby iam willing to pay,iam not lookin for free stuff.!
i really dun know alot about corals,i also have another coral,about 30 heads. i bealive it call pink red australia blasto. are these coral expensive? thanks.

Attachments

• 20100420_013.jpg
    20100420_013.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 259
  • 20100420_015.jpg
    20100420_015.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 255

Killerdrgn

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
You should just tell us how much you paid and then we could tell you if you overpaid or got a good deal. Because expensive to one person may not be expensive for another.

And the biggest question is do you enjoy it? If you enjoy looking at the coral then why do you need to ask if it's expensive or not?

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
now is the advice iam lookin for.thanks jim!
anyway,i got into this hobby iam willing to pay,iam not lookin for free stuff.!
i really dun know alot about corals,i also have another coral,about 30 heads. i bealive it call pink red australia blasto. are these coral expensive? thanks.
I didn't say you're looking for free stuff.I said there are some very nice people here that would throw you some for free including myself .Btw YOU ARE KILLING US.:irked:

Last edited:

dunghan99

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 75%
12   4   0
the reason why im askin cuz i recently bought cadlights 39 gallons with with bunch of corals in there, there alots of corals i dont know,so i just wanna know what i have in my tank and how expensive they really are.if you think it is a stupid pose then just ignore it.
ps. killer,all i wanted to know is what corals i have in my tank and the value of them.
if i dont enjoy them i wouldnt even spend money on them. and if you think my question were stupid then dun waste your time to reply.thanks.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
even if they were nucluar greens they go for about $5 a polyp, if you dont know what something is you can also do a little research or the person you bought the tank from ask him what they were, seen a ton of rare corals{ supposedly rare} over the year's, but seeing the ocean is filled with corals not to many truelly rare stuff out there, a 1968 gt500 mustang is rare, corals arent

Killerdrgn

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
the reason why im askin cuz i recently bought cadlights 39 gallons with with bunch of corals in there, there alots of corals i dont know,so i just wanna know what i have in my tank and how expensive they really are.if you think it is a stupid pose then just ignore it.
ps. killer,all i wanted to know is what corals i have in my tank and the value of them.
if i dont enjoy them i wouldnt even spend money on them. and if you think my question were stupid then dun waste your time to reply.thanks.

See here's the thing that your not understanding, what you're asking is very subjective. What one person would pay for those is not the same as what someone else would pay for them. Personally I don't buy any coral that is priced over $20. So that's how much I would pay for the coral in your pictures.

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
I get what he is asking. Of course on this site you can get corals cheaper than in the LFS, no one on here is trying to become rich. The LFS will defintely charge you more than on here ans even the LFS's have different prices for the same exact corals. What it really comes down to is 1. If you like or love the coral than no price is to much or 2. Shop around and you will see the difference in prices from place to place. There is a store in central NJ where every coral is rare, that is the guys sell's pitch. Just do like people have mentioned do some research and ask around before you buy a coral if you are not sure.

Reef Greek

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every polyp zoo acan lps and sps and even most inverts are rare somewhere, especially if the guy only has 1 in his store. I once saw someone buy a rare morph of a catfish from a tank next to 15 of its cousins. The seller said this one was so rare that only a black and white drawing of it existed. There was a tinge of yellow on its ventral fins. The sad part was that someone paid over $100 more for a fish that happened to jump from 1 tank to another. When someone tries to sell you a rare item make sure its really rare if that's why you're buying it. Otherwise you just bought that rare catfish too.

motortrendz

Mainland Aquatics
Vendor
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
wow ur making friends fast... if you ask a question your gonna get answers thats how this site works.. noone is giving you a hard time just offering advice.. what type of system(tank) do you have what types of filters lighting.. just curious, bc you said you were new and all your worried abt it the cost or what the corals are worth... and when you get an answer you dont like your asking the mods to close the thread..and then you ask for the thread to be deleted.. not sure what up... but were here to help no to criticize u..

JonnyIce

Used as bait
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
haha people on this thread claim that nothing is rare and there is no 'market value,' yet when someone charges 'too much' for something in the marketplace they get all of these rhetorical questions or 'wow, what a deal'...its a tad hypocritical.

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
jimmy ur a noob wtf do u know lol..button polyps are a buck a piece..they are brownish..nothing craazy..what are you gona make up? Mexican pizza diarhea polyps 25 a head? LMAO

First off dumbass- I joined a month before you noob! And yes I would buy a lot of mexican pizza diahrea polyps- I like all mexican food so Id own them- AND you big dummy....you forgot the lineage. At least flame me right FLAMER!!!! LMAO

Your just mad at me cause you wanted the poor guy to GIVE you his green button polyps for nothin!! You big meanie

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
First off dumbass- I joined a month before you noob! And yes I would buy a lot of mexican pizza diahrea polyps- I like all mexican food so Id own them- AND you big dummy....you forgot the lineage. At least flame me right FLAMER!!!! LMAO

Your just mad at me cause you wanted the poor guy to GIVE you his green button polyps for nothin!! You big meanie
lmao ! I know that's what made it even funnier

I love mexican food too bro I got the SPOT in westbury we should def grab some margaritas n ish 1 nite.

not at all interested in those things..you will give me nicer ones for free.
;)

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
lmao ! I know that's what made it even funnier

I love mexican food too bro I got the SPOT in westbury we should def grab some margaritas n ish 1 nite.

not at all interested in those things..you will give me nicer ones for free.
;)

Just one thing-- you have to have a tank for me to give you something to go in it- not just a 700 dollar LED unit hanging from the ceiling above your lazy boy so you can read the TV Guide easier!!! HAHAHAHAHA LMFAO!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: