Rating - 100%
146   0   0
Whats up everyone is there anybody on here that can help me hang the lights over my TANK i have never done this so i need some help bad dont want try and find my lights in the tank one day lol.. I will pay for your time.. I have the hanging kits just need the ceiling drilled..

Thanks in advance
george

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
U may need a hammer drill.
Greorge, Get a big plastic throw from the hardware store to cover your tank. Lot of dust.

Thanx
-Joe
Yeah i have a big roll of plastic..Well we gave it a try with a hammer drill made the hole it went thru but not all the way we tried the cement and metal bits still nothing ....So i guess im going to have to go a different route..Maybe it was because the hammer drill was battery charged doesnt have enough power....Maybe one with the cord will work better ?

jbjints

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Yeah i have a big roll of plastic..Well we gave it a try with a hammer drill made the hole it went thru but not all the way we tried the cement and metal bits still nothing ....So i guess im going to have to go a different route..Maybe it was because the hammer drill was battery charged doesnt have enough power....Maybe one with the cord will work better ?

If you have cement in the ceiling why can't you hammer in double expansion shields (1/2" or 3/8") and use 1/2" or 3/8 threaded rod and hang the lights using the threaded rod? I'd come check out the situation but my plate is beyond full these days.

If you have concrete use the double expansion shields with threaded rod but if you get through then why not use toggle bolts also with threaded rod? One of these two should work.

Joe

jbjints

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I'd head over to Home Depot and rent one for a few hours but make sure its corded and make sure they give you an assortment of bits. You may need to use some elbow grease but you should be able to get through. I've chopped and hammer drilled 2 foot pads in the city but that was back in the day when I was younger and not as fat LOL so I am confident you'll get it.

Og Drogon

Freshwater monster
Rating - 94.1%
32   2   0
I'd head over to Home Depot and rent one for a few hours but make sure its corded and make sure they give you an assortment of bits. You may need to use some elbow grease but you should be able to get through. I've chopped and hammer drilled 2 foot pads in the city but that was back in the day when I was younger and not as fat LOL so I am confident you'll get it.

+1
George that building is made with cement slabs on the ceiling, and I think the last floor has metal In between the cement slabs.

NYC Joe

Seahorses yea!
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
Nah just get a better hammer drill. You'll need the extra umph!
My ceiling is the same. Gotta get some muscle up there.

See if anyone here has a plug in one too. More power and loud as hell.

Dewalt and bosch are good drills.

Thanx
-Joe

DrMusik

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
do you really have to put them into the ceiling? I had that problem (I live on the top floor and I was worried about putting holes and causing leaks). So I just set up a shelf-like thing off the wall. Picture doesn't really do it justice but It's just a couple corner pieces with anchor screws into the wall. Lighting fixture weighs 13lbs

Attachments

• 2012-01-29_20-34-59_14.jpg
    2012-01-29_20-34-59_14.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 98

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: