• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Power Props

FYI

I'm naming these "Power Props" tm by spykes.

were going to try one with a quiet one 6000, estimated flow is
5500 gph, that's conservative, it may be more like 7000 gph :bigeyes2:

haha look out softies :sgrin:

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
the only hard part is finding the right prop for it.

i want call it the fish shredder, spykes likes the frag maker,
I'll settle for the fraginator :)

we need like a four inch racing prop, it will have dual props.
this is only for large tanks the housing will be pretty big. :sgrin:
I might have to upgrade. haha

joseney21

FDNY MEDIC
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
you guys are crazy!!!!that would be adequate for a 5000g tank.i'm assuming you still haven't seen the video of the maxi 600 J.what are the dimensions on that pump??for a big tank max i would go is 4 MJs, i might just be a little to conservative for you lefties,lol.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
hehe Jose, I'm going to try four of the mj's now aka spykes power props.
this will be for those times when you want to shake things up in the tank :shocked1: you know put it on a seven day timer and have it come on a few times a week, stir up the bottom a bit and all, good for getting the detritus out of the cracks :bigeyes2:
If it works I'm going to make you two for your 180 hehe

spykes

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
alright i ordered everything execpt the MJs, just asking the guy if he can do a lower price since im ordering so many. im acually gonna do something with these power props soon, like a cls for the 20 just to mess around with.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
whe we build it we'll post the time, it seems getting together to make stuff is much harder than talking about it.
for the super power prop I'm still looking for the right prop. it's hard it's in between an RC boat and a real boat prop :rolleyes:

spykes

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
john, think i should do it like how i did it last time, the clear housing where you can see most? i dont think i have any SCH80 PVC around with ABS sheet, but we can certainly order them to make this thing all grey, let me know. i have everything if we do it clear.

spykes

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
nope, the way i have figured is, lower pitch and lower diameter propellers are less strain on the powerhead, but with more propeller and the lower pitch it creates a sharper more velocity pull then the higher pitch propellers, the higher pitch uses alot of strength to pull the water because it has more surface area. when your moving water within alot of lower pitch the water behind the first propeller is already in motion, the other propellers are only to increase the speed of the water. Today steve is comming over with a real tunze, i am gonna to see the flow the real tunze is gonna put out, and also finish up his sump.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: