• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Jose, that's a good deal, that 200 includes the regulator, the only thing you need to get is a tank, hmm I wonder where you can find a tank like that?
I'm in for making one.

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
well, I would give it a try after this guy posts some results - although look pretty darn simple - I hope shaun jumps in here to see what he thinks - lat I spoke to him, he said reactors are one of the simplist items to DIY.

Anyhow, I'd be up for making them. I'd even go over to Rockland county and pick up the canisters pvc etc if someone else was willing to get the nylon tubing etc.

House

spykes

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
you know we can rent the Co2 bottles filled with CO2 for like 15 bucks and it will last like a entire year LOL. so much welding shops and beer shops around NYC im sure they rent out CO2 bottled filled.
if you have your own bottle it's gonna cost you like 10 bucks to fill it up anyways.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
that's a good tip. I read that there are different grades of co2, anybody able to confirm this?

I want my own bottle with a ferrari logo on it.
It will be red and shiny. haha jk, it will have the MR logo
and say SPS Juice.

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Originally posted by House of Laughter:
well, I would give it a try after this guy posts some results - although look pretty darn simple - I hope shaun jumps in here to see what he thinks - lat I spoke to him, he said reactors are one of the simplist items to DIY.

Anyhow, I'd be up for making them. I'd even go over to Rockland county and pick up the canisters pvc etc if someone else was willing to get the nylon tubing etc.

House
Jim he was quite inovative with his design, however for your 180 gallon I think that you are going to need a bigger chamber than him! Why not piggy back two of his reactors and make a dual chamber or even a tri-chamber? i.e. have the first effulent draining into the second chamber?

Now their is an idea, redesigning an RO/DI unit into a multichamber Ca reactor! You probably wouldn't have any problems with CO2 entering into your main tank. You would only need the recirculation pump on the first chamber.

The biggest expense on any Ca reactor is the CO2 tank, solenoid valve and regulator (and maybe the recirculation pump).

[ May 07, 2005, 05:13 AM: Message edited by: solbby ]

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Shaun, what if you did not need the clear container. Does that matter, if not you can get a 20"x4.5" housing for $60.
The same place also has the clear housings for less. you could get two of the clear ones for 80. the more you buy the cheaper they are.

Take a look, if there are enough of us who want to do this the price could drop to $30 / canister for the small ones.

[ May 07, 2005, 10:06 AM: Message edited by: jhale ]

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
The only reason that you would want the chamber to be clear is so that you can see when you need to replace the ARM media.

That's a pretty good deal IMO - two clear ones for $80.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: