• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

spykes

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
DSC03620.JPG

DSC03621.JPG

DSC03622.JPG

DSC03623.JPG

spykes

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
this is a 23 gallon sump, the bottom needs to be routed, and we need to put in 4 more baffles in do the filter sock holder. All this stuff will be done thsi sat or sun, after we get the router bit and adapter fix. steve found his sheet of old acrylic in the back of his G/F's parent's place. It was awsome we can turn a peice of junk acrylic into a useful reef sump unit!

ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
That is awesome!! Very nice work, good to have a diy guy here.. Why waste an acrylic sheet and it could be so useful.. Now I need you to build me one too :D :D..

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
nice sump, but what's wrong with this photo?

er, did you forget something? like your friggin SAFTY GLASSES. :bigeyes2:

dude, the first time you get a searing red hot sliver of flesh piercing acrylic embedding itself into the back of your eyeball you'll sure wish you had put your glasses on.

and yes I see them on top of your head in one of the shots later on :irked:

spykes

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
LOL! sorry john, btw me and steve acually broke the shalf converter.
yes yes you safty man i didnt wear the safty goggles for a whole.
but john whatcha think?

not bad for a peice of acrylic you found in the backyard of your gf's back yard!

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
yes it looks awesome, but I just want you to be able to see your own creations.

kind of hard to fabricate or be a nurse with one good eye ;)

what's a shalf converter?

oh by the way unless you have a really bad dandruff problem that's a big piece of acrylic in your hair, about 4" from your eye :banghead:

Last edited:

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I think you mean a collet.

I don't think you can convert a 1/2 bit to fit a 1/4 collet, if they do sell that i would not use it, it would put to much strain on the bit and on the router, kind of dangerous.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
the bearing thing is a collar, close but not the collet. the collet is what the bit slips into and tightens down the bit.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: