• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I meant mounting the pump on a shelf in the canopy sucking the water up through the OM Squirt and straight back into various points of the tank as a closed loop. I can hide .75" pipes better than I can powerheads mounted on magnets. The only question is. Is it doable/advisable?

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
jhale said:
are you set on using one hole for the return and one for the overflow?

you can increase the flow by making both holes overflows and running the return on the outside of the tank.

I tried using both holes, not much improvement and I can't get two dursos in that little box.

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
hermangareis said:
I meant mounting the pump on a shelf in the canopy sucking the water up through the OM Squirt and straight back into various points of the tank as a closed loop. I can hide .75" pipes better than I can powerheads mounted on magnets. The only question is. Is it doable/advisable?

Doable.. I think Jhale did something similar for his close loop.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I have a pump sitting on top of my overflow acting as a CL.

I would like to eventualy replace it with another tunze,

140 watts vs. 13 watts and the tunze move more water.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I would consider the tunze Herman, you have enough depth in the tank so they can sit in the back pointed at the front and you would not notice them.

you would only need two of them for your tank and that would solve all the flow dilemma's.

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Herman,

I have read this whole thing (man am I tired) and I consciously decided to go with a reduced overflow/return water turnover and use the internal flow of the tank via a mag7 plumber with a spray bar to dispure the flow.

If you notice, on center of the overflow, there is one cut in one of the teeth, that is where I hung the mag 7. I also cut down the return flow cause I was using a mag9 and the drain couldn't keep up - that, of course didn't take into consideration a durso.

I would try and do a durso for the drainpipe - I think a 1" line has a flow through of 1200gph? Deanos, linkman, help me out here

I would get a TUNZE 6000 on a controller and hang that badboy on the center overflow like I did the mag7 and use a mag9.5 or equivalent flow from the sump to run through the squirt - I would also put a ball valve between the return pump and the bottom of the tank so that if the Durso doesn't keep up, you can dial it down. Not the best use, of course but you can make up the flow rate with the tunze.

Hope that helps, also, you should see my setup in person for ideas on the squirt.

House

I would eliminate the squirt and keep the

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
House of Laughter said:
Herman,

I have read this whole thing (man am I tired) ...

I would eliminate the squirt and keep the

:shocked1: too tired to finish the sentence?

keep the what? now your going to make me crazy the whole day :arg:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: