LargeAngels

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sucks. I think BlueZoo Aquatics has some rosefacia.

I really like my pair. Not as aggressive as I have heard others talk about.

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My remaining pair is doing great. The female is more aggressive then most female Cirrhilabrus I've had. The big male (getting to 6" now, with a growing lyre-like tail) was aggressive in the beginning, but now it's really really docile.

Maybe with the smaller male gone, the big male will start to do courtship rituals. I haven't seen the rosefacia do it yet, whereas the previous earlei and rhomboids (RIP due to the notorious boiling incident) used to display all the time.

wrasseguy123

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i love those fish...and would really like to see one in display..would be very cool...i kept on for just a little bit but it was so aggressive i traded him away...others tell me that the ones they have kept was the same...glad to hear that yours is docile now..

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:(

With the smaller male gone, the big male did finally start courting the female. The problem is, it also started the habit of fast vertical movements, meaning it would jump out of the water. My tank is fully covered to prevent carpet surfing, but it appears that during one of these jumps, my big male cut himself up pretty badly on its side (perhaps against the eurobracing).

It died this morning :( RIP.

myerst22

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey sorry to hear that. If it makes you feek any better I found my little male dragon moray dead with his head buried in the substrate. upon further inspection it appears his head was some how forced into the sand and he inhaled sand. :( Sorry again for your lose. Unfortunately as fish keepers we can try and do everything correctly and yet we still fail. Hopefully we learn from our errors. Tim

Vili_Shark

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Len":34rrh6ps said:
My small male died today :( For the past two weeks, it lost all its weight (down to skin and bones). It had difficulty eating, but it still tried to eat like a pig. However, no matter how much it ate, it got skinnier each day. It finally lost energy to swim yesterday, and died this morning.

RIP
did you cut him open to look for internal parasites?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: