Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took some snapshots of my fish today. I got in 3 nice C.roseafacia fairy wrasses from liveaquaria about a week ago: one 2" female, one 3.5" ale, and one 5" giant male. So far, the big male is still bullying the small male to a limited extent, but I'm hoping he will settle down as time goes by. I think my small male is already a terminal phase male, so sex reversal (back to female) doesn't seem likely. Hopefully I'm wrong ;)

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The female photos first. I always love female Cirrhilabrus because they behave so demurely. They aren't as gaudy as the males, but they are beautiful nonetheless.

Attachments

• roseafacia_female1.jpg
    roseafacia_female1.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 8,870
  • roseafacia_female2.jpg
    roseafacia_female2.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 8,871

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now the small male. He's gorgeous and actually has better fin developement then the larger male thus far. I'm confident the big one will surpass this small male in the next few months (fins are growing noticeably each day), but for now, the small male is a real knockout.

Attachments

• roseafacia_sm_male2.jpg
    roseafacia_sm_male2.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 8,869
  • roseafacia_sm_male1.jpg
    roseafacia_sm_male1.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 8,907

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And now the giant male. Again, his caudal fin isn't as developed as the small male, but it's definitely extending more each day. I can't wait until he's a big displaying specimen. As he is now, his colors are already more vibrant then the smaller male.

Attachments

• roseafacia_lg_male1.jpg
    roseafacia_lg_male1.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 8,870
  • roseafacia_lg_male2.jpg
    roseafacia_lg_male2.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 8,864
  • roseafacia_lg_male3.jpg
    roseafacia_lg_male3.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 8,862

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the big male with the female in the background (and tiny black tang to the upper left and a joculator angel behind the large male).

Attachments

• roseafacia_pair1.jpg
    roseafacia_pair1.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 8,862

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Hiroyuki. How long do you think it will take for my big male to grow a long caudal? It looks a little longer each day (it arrived with a flat tail but is more V shaped now), but it's slower then I had hoped for ;)

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Pav. Nice photo subjects makes picture taking much easier ;)

I've ordered from Liveaquaria numerous times, all with nice results. I only order from what they stock in WI. Kevin Kohen treats customers right.

Hiroyuki Tanaka

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The length of the tail would depend on its age, but we cannot tell its accurate age; its total length necessarily does not mean its age. So I can say that your largest fish MAY become longer in months, but I really hope so. When its tail becomes very long the shape of the fish looks very slender.

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you ever had a male revert to a female? I'm wondering why my smaller male has better fin development and am hoping he can revert to a female form.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorgeous Len. I know I want a fairy wrasse in my next tank. 8)

Sue Truett

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorgeous fish Len...I also wanted to say Kevin is a great guy and I have nothing but good things to say about him and LA...

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since we're talking so highly of Kevin :) I think he's a real asset to the hobby and industry as a whole :D Great guy, tons of knowledge, and he's got probably one of the coolest jobs in this trade :D

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI: The big male is definitely growing a longer tail. It's now V shaped like the smaller male and getting more spectacular.

I really do think one of the males has to go though. The small one gets beat up a lot and he looks depressed at times. He eats like a pig, but I'm afraid all this stress will eventually get to him. I don't know which to remove though. I would have a really tough time giving up either of them :?

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I caught my big male while he was sleeping. He's going to a new home at Bill2's house (a similarly sized tank). He simply got too aggressive against the smaller male. Heck, I have him in a perforated container in the tank right now, and he tries to attack the small male through the plastic :P I hate to let him go as he was growing and turning out quite spectacular, but I could've bear watching the small male get bullied as badly as he was.

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, crud. He escaped from the box while Bill was here :? I wasn't careful. Oh well. Sorry Bill ;)

Hiroyuki Tanaka

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LEN,

I have an experience that a male (some 6cm) of C. sanguineus has been back to a female form with losing its a blood-stain on central body, and it faded away completely within two months !

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: