A

Anonymous

Thanks Tom! You gotta start man! Those blooms in pictures are nothing compared to seeing them in person.

I also forgot to mention, for lighting, I went with some professional recommendations, saved some significant coin and went with a 6 bulb 39 watt/bulb T5 HO fixture. 3 10k "white" bulbs and 3 daylight bulbs. It's incredible, the tank really looks like its in a greenhouse, very bright diffused light. And everything in the tank loves it so far, and is kicking out new growths like crazy. I'm very impressed with the fixture, and am sold that T5 HOs are the way to go for indoor plant growing.

http://www.current-usa.com/nova_extreme_pro

A

Anonymous

Goldstein":180en20h said:
Have any updated pics Chris?

HEY! I need to stop by your shop. You can't let me get away with crap like that.

Still a work in progress.

Attachments

• tankforrdo.jpg
    tankforrdo.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 181
A

Anonymous

Looking great Chris.
Are these all smaller species? It looks like they won't have much room to grow/bloom...but all I know of orchids are the tall ones I see in nurseries.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Up to 50 species. Some of which there are only a handful of specimens of in the US. It's a way worse addiction than reef keeping. And maybe even a more eccentric one.

Attachments

• orch.jpg
    orch.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 117
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you should add another orchid for every ten times someone suggests adding frogs. :lol:

Looking good Chris, apart from maybe all that egg crate...

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Escaped Ape":3o1fgneb said:
I think you should add another orchid for every ten times someone suggests adding frogs. :lol:

Looking good Chris, apart from maybe all that egg crate...

Well, as you know, aesthetics in this case are secondary to functionality for me. I basically needed an indoor version of a specialized greenhouse. The eggcrate is necessary to make more hanging space.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: