Zuska

Cherry Collector
Rating - 99.5%
430   2   0
No one needs to bring anything but a positive attitude and hopefully some sunshine, MR is going to take care of the BBQ and some soft drinks, anything you guys bring on top of that is up to you. :)

As for an exact location, I am going to scout out the area Thursday and report back (perhaps with a poorly ms painted google map satellite image).

Lastly, if this event runs successfully (as long as there is sun I think it will) then I promise we can do another before summer is out and we can do it in Queens. :)

im in and i can go with you and show you the whole area. you need to reserve a spot if you want to bbq for the day. its $20 for the day/night, anyone who wants to camp out can stay till sunday.

James we can go right after you finish work. i show you some cool spots.

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Damn. So I speak to the wife and I get the STOMP in the face look. I have to attend my son's godmother's BBQ. Unfortunately, they gave $$ for his christening and we can't skip out on it. It's at 3 and I can't make the 1 hour+ drive.

James

Zen-Reefer
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
So here is the bad news is there is a large kayak event at Floyd Bennett field as well as the Kings County Fair. It is possible to have it there but I spoke with a couple camp officials and they said it will be VERY crowded which may not be in our best interest. The good news is the camping/BBQ area over here is very nice and would completely be a great place to have an event. The cars could park close and there is a really nice secluded place to chill out. I am going to work through the reservations dept and reschedule this event for sometime after Memorial Day. Sorry for the inconvenience but hopefully with more lead time we can get some more people, with the rain out last week we lost some and only have 12 including +1's. I will post a new thread once we have a firm date and then we can pray for sunshine.

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
so why are you out then? your doing it on that exact day?

All the work has to be done on the weekends that's left- I only have 1 person I trust enough to help me with this step. It is the most important and the most dangerous parts of the install. I have to:

1) remove the bench seat and install buckets
2) build console to house all the controls and metering equipment and then get it out to Calverton to get it line-x'd to match the amp rack thats already line-x'd and the back of the truck that's now herculined but looks real similar to the line-x.
3) mount 4 power meters, 2-3 volt gauges, 1 dual alternator variable voltage regulator, 6 switches for the extra alternators
4) run the field wires from all 6 extra alternators into the cab
5) drill 2 holes in the roof at exact locations and mount 2 puck antenna mounts and backing plates that get installed through the roof
6) hook up 2 high voltage transformers
7) install the antennas and test and tune them
8) bond all the body panels with braided ground strap
9) install the smallest of the three amps
10) test the boxes which includes running them as hard as I ever will(at that point youre dealing with 10,000+ volts in the back of the truck)

The friend helping me has kids and we all know how busy the summer is as soon as the kiddies are released for the summer so I have to get this all done in the next 3 weeks.

I also have to work around the weather, any rainy days no work gets done on it and has to be on days where I have no work for the shop.

All of this is on top of building and installing the 383 stroker and full exhaust system in it which will be getting done next week during the week in the overnight hours(between 9PM and 8AM) because my mechanic works vampire hours.

So, am I going to be making it to the BBQ? Nah, don't think it's in the list.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: