James

Zen-Reefer
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Where - Floyd Bennett Field in Brooklyn (POstponed)
When - POSTPONED
Why - why not.
What - a bunch of MR members eating BBQ while looking at, under and inside their various cars. Coral and fish talk guaranteed too, plus a game of 2 hand touch or something if enough people show.
Who- Anyone who wants to join us is invited. You don't have to have an interest in cars or a fancy, tricked out ride to come.

Manhattan Reefs will be providing some MR magnetic bumper stickers and food.

If you plan on attending, please RSVP in this thread with the number of people you will come with (families welcome).

See you there. :fish:

Last edited:

Zuska

Cherry Collector
Rating - 99.5%
430   2   0
yea maybe we can do it at floyd bennet field. they have lots of camp spots out there. I might be camping that weekend there so you can join me for a while. Will have a bond fire and bbq set up. plus you can cook over the fire.

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Is there a specific location at Floyd Bennett Field? It looks like an old Navy/Airforce strip from google images. That's pretty awesome coming from a Navy vet!

James

Zen-Reefer
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
No one needs to bring anything but a positive attitude and hopefully some sunshine, MR is going to take care of the BBQ and some soft drinks, anything you guys bring on top of that is up to you. :)

As for an exact location, I am going to scout out the area Thursday and report back (perhaps with a poorly ms painted google map satellite image).

Lastly, if this event runs successfully (as long as there is sun I think it will) then I promise we can do another before summer is out and we can do it in Queens. :)

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Is there a head count as it doesn't look like a lot of people are coming in here? Hopefully people don't think that just because this was from a car thread it is directed towards that group.

James

Zen-Reefer
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Right now it is at 12 people with plus 1's. Even if there are not a ton of cars, we can still have a good time. Weather is overcast but supposed to be good. A bit cool but I am fine just hanging out and BBQing. :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: