• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

nyfireman3097

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Ok I am having a TON of minor issues the newest one is my RO/DI something messed up and can not figure it out. So I need 60g of rO water. I need to do 3 20g WC's one on monday one on Wend. and one on Fri. So please LMK if any1 can help me out with this. I do not wanna get it from a store since you really can not trust there RO systems. I need to get my PO4 down before I pick up my sps from Jim's house so Please LMK if you can make it for me even if it's 20g and someone else does 20g.

TIA
Nick

simike

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Hey Nick,
im on SI in old town i can make it for you at least some of it. but i only have a 5 gal bucket and a 5 gal container one full already. If you can get me some buckets i can let it run all night and fill them up for you. call me at 646-261-0153

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
Nick,

I can help too, if you can make it to Brookyn. I'm not sure what the problem with your RO/DI unit is, but if you can, I would remove the RO portion completely. I have bulk DI resin, and can fill a few canisters for you. Just run them after the sediment and carbon cartridges and you will be able to make up about 30-40 g. an hour with near 0 TDS. You should get at least 200g. per cartridge. I'm hard to reach on the weekends, but drop me a note if you want to try to hook up.

Randy

simike

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
explain your ro/di problem.. Randy made all the water for his new tank that way with no problems.. only a few things cause a new rodi not to work... either a filter is cracked really bad, or water pressure is low.... also the cold is making it run slower.
may be eaiser to try to fix it than run around with sloshing buckets of water. i can stop by to take a look at it but you ARE a fireman, its what you guys do. So you prob know best if its not gonna work

Last edited:

nyfireman3097

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Tony that would be awesome Ill be home most of the day I have to go do some yard work and then swing by a friends house for a lil bit LMK

Thanks everyone i really appreciate it ALOT you guys are great. But im hoping to stay local for this my truck guzzles gas like crazy lol

nyfireman3097

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Rich ill be going to Chris's house today to get some water dont you live near him ? If so maybe we could hook up to save some time instead of trying to make it all at his house lol.

Randy that would be cool LMK ......

It has something to do with the RO. Also could be the pressure. They say the pressure needs to be at least 35-40 psi. Mine is at 25-30 psi. When I added my new filters it hardly drips in at all its a 200 gpd unit. It connected properly. The worse part is that before I was gettin a TDS of 1 and PO4 was .16 then after the new filters was put in the TDS was 6 PO4 was even higher

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: