• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Now i do have a problem with this. Since they left your door open, who's responsible is they just happen to break in? I know that if my door was left open, i would be deep red!

no I left the door open for them, nyfd has been in the building before for a flood (not me) I've seen what they do to locked doors. my next door neighbors were not home, thier door is out of commision. in all three doors
were totaled.

PG, thanks, that's what I'm going to do in the am. I'll get it fixed and paid for while the whole incident is fresh in the fire starters mind.

samster

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
yeps the epoxy is the same way they fix car windshields, but it will still be noticeable but better. It would be safer and more prone to another accidental strike that might puncture it! sorry to hear that! but city claims take a long way n u just give up know u'd be 85 before u get that couple of hundred!:anger2:

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Sorry to hear about what happened jhale.
suggestion maybe you can use the glass repair kit and wait til it dries and the add this over it

p24221x.jpg

meschaefer

One to Ignore
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Jhale,

Do you have renter's/homeowner's insurance? Depending on the overall cost of a new tank, your deductable and the specifics of the policy, it may be a place to look to recoupe part of your loss. Although, it is probable that your loss doesn't exceed the deductable.

Generally speaking, the fire department has an obligation to act in a resonable manner. You mentioned that they broke down the doors next to you, and this would be considered acting in a reasonable manner as they have a duty to inspect the surrounding apartments to assure that the fire didn't spread. The dings in your tank would be considered acting in a reasonable manner if they occured the way you think that they did, carrying a peice of equipment while attempting to assure that the fire didn't spread. Any damage caused by the fire or which is secondary to the fire, the dings, is ultimately the responsiblity of the party that caused the fire, your hooka smoking tennant.

C

Chiefmcfuz

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Responsibility of the neighbor to repair the damages sustained due to his fire incident. You need to call this dumbass on this matter or call 311 and see if the city will pay you for the damages for your tank.

alrha

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
the tank is starphire :lol:
ouch, sorry to hear dude.
if the guy walked a drop faster, the whole tank could have been a gonner.
i once had a carbon monoxide alarm go off in my house, thirteen firemen were all over my house, if i tell you how many dings i got on all my walls, you wouldnt beleive it, but i cant complain, i called them to check it out, they're just doing their job, as a matter of fact, the guy used a wrench to close my gas valve and BROKE the valve! (ends up he was trying to turn it the wrong way :arg: ) but things could always be worse, right?
while we're on the topic of glass repair, any way to fix scratches inside the tank? (without emptying the tank).

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
Jhale, I think you are SOL.. You can fill the dents but the filler will not be clear and you will always see them.. Best bet is a new tank, a bigger tank.

Albert, you can't "fix" scratches in glass. You can remove some of the surrounding material by polishing it and make the scratch not visible but it is a lot of work and I would not do that while the tank is full of water with fishes and coral. The glass will not be flat after polishing and you may see slight distortion when looking through the polished spot.

FRY

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
sorry to hear that jhale, the one thing i would worry about is ding in the glass with the water pressure on the glass thats something to think about i would fill the dings with windshield repair kit or better yet call a glass manufacture and find out if they have anything better to use for the repair there is a glass manufacture in Williamsburg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: