• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

LA-Lawman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks great. I think my next inwall is gonna be a see thru like that. that unit looks sharp. way to go on the sump design too.

looking foward to seeing more!

cbeitel

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pwj1286":1sdvo2be said:
I love your overflows and you sump is so clean.

Have you worked with plastics before?

I've never worked with plastics before, but I did read thoroughly on how to 'glue' them. Melev's site was a great help. I went to the local plastic store, bought the glue and some scrap and practiced some. Joining the sides was easy. The base however didn't turn out as nice. I didn't follow the advice close enough... The base isn't pretty, but no one will ever know! :wink:

I have thoroughly enjoyed this project, I just wish I had more time to invest!

Still, lots more work to do!

cbeitel

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More progress!! :)

I think the tank might make it on the stand this coming weekend. I'm hoping to get it running over Labor day.

- Finished the inside of the lower cabinet areas
- Cut holes for the overflows
- Primed the entire lower section
- Installed plastic sheeting in canopy area

As you can see, the inside of the cabinet is open all the way through. There's 10ft of room for the 4ft Sump, JBJ 1/4hp Chiller, future upgrades, etc. The width is a little tight at around 14", but after all, its a complete built in! There's also plenty of height, at least 3ft everywhere. For perspective, the G3 in the pic is 25" tall. The plastic I bought at Home Depot in 4x8 sheet. I'm putting it everwhere I might get salt creep. How far away from the tank will that stuff get?... Comments please.

Attachments

• Inside lower cabinet.jpg
    Inside lower cabinet.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 1,439
  • Canopy with plastic installed.jpg
    Canopy with plastic installed.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 1,439
  • Sump test fit.jpg
    Sump test fit.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 1,439

DaveMorris1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This looks like a great setup. I guess I need to post my new install as it is just getting under way. Reading these setup threads gives me some great ideas.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: