• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

It's codium, or "dead man's fingers" and it grows like a weed in the Atlantic in this area. In the aquarium, it seems to like a high-flow area to keep it strong.

A

Anonymous

I love sea horses. You have a great looking set up right there.

A

Anonymous

greenighs":2qodm0ql said:
It's codium, or "dead man's fingers" and it grows like a weed in the Atlantic in this area. In the aquarium, it seems to like a high-flow area to keep it strong.

Clare,

Thank you!

Codium. I've heard of it a zillion times and never saw a pic. :oops:

Thanks to you, I have learned my "something new" for the day. Now I can return to the sump to bask in my slightly deminished ignorance. :D

Regards,
-Lee

A

Anonymous

Wazzel":co4gkifs said:
Cool beans Clair. How many and what type?

Six Hippocampus breviceps. I think I'll get two more in about a month, when my tank's caught up with the bioload. They like the cool temps, are very active, and stay pretty small (3-4 inches, max.).

I'm going to experiment with salinity levels, shifting from low to high SG and back over short periods of time (several days), to see if it has any effect on the growth of cirri (those spikey growths many seahorses have in the wild). I'll let you know what happens.

Oh, and more pics here, along with lots of other creeeaaap.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: