• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

I'm in south Jersey, and no offense intended but I am a redneck and people from Philly scare me...

8O

:lol:

mr_X

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shade of Knucklehead":3vd374ij said:
I'm in south Jersey, and no offense intended but I am a redneck and people from Philly scare me...
:lol:

yeah...it must be the smog or somethin....they are kinda scary lookin :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My sister lived there at one time, and she currently works in the city. I forgot that when I wrote that.... :oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll try to remember tonight, I am only home now cause the heating guy is coming.

And my camera and lunch is at work.

shavo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol, redneck??? where's the pic? just want to see what your dealing with and how we can overcome your situation.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What can I say?

Its sort of like my a$$ -- Dirty.... :lol:

Attachments

• tanked.jpg
    tanked.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 1,918

Ben1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may have some hair algea. :lol:

Really its all on the glass. I would simply make up a complete water change, scrap all the hair you can and get the detritus that is most likely caked in your bed out.

To do this I would take out the LR and live stock and put it in some rubber maid tubes. I would have 100% WC ready to go (correct temp and SG) and change all the water get all the hair scrapped and sucked out and stir up the sand with a power head to get the detritus out. Change all the water, and re-acclimate the live stock and set it back up. I would follow that by making sure I had a fludized filter running Pura complete and a clean skimmer.

If you did that, made sure all new top off water is good RO/DI and keep up with WC's at 20% biweekly and fresh PURA constantly you should be in good shape.

HTH, I just got finished with a 14 hour shift so hope it all made sence.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not that bad. Just got to get the algae under control. Slap a Kent Nautilus reactor with some phosban in it on the tank (total cost ~$70) and manually remove some of the algae while doing some water changes and I'd think you'd get it under control pretty quick.

Phosban is the shiznit, yo.

Now, if your sandbed is all mucky too that'll add an extra layer of problem solving to the mix, but can't tell from the pic.

IceMan0124

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank looked alot worse than that a few weeks ago, my ac went out for a week in june while I was away, 90% loss, clams,sps's a huge bloodred and neon green blasto that started in my tank as a single polyp,and a whole lot more, needless to say, I was mad and just lost interest, and let it stew for several months, I'm stuck at home now due to some major back surgery, so after several weeks of being forced to see my ever so craptastic tank, I got to work on it as soon as I was able to maintain an upright position, paid some kids in my building to help with the water changes, hoisting 5 gallon buckets of saltwater head high isnt a good thing right after getting your spine hacked, in less than 4 hours I had the tank semi respectable looking, had about 3" thick hair algea covering all 4 sides, a couple razor blades and 10 minutes later thats taken care of, and my tanks actually looking pretty interesting now, you could do a lot with that tank in just one afternoon if you felt like it

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is alll from laziness.

With 20 gallon monthly water changes it was looking great.

This is without any water changes and no cleaning the skimmer for about 2 months.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude, clean the glass, yes, even the sides.

Do a big water change, suck out that slime algae from the rock and do a light vaccuum of the sand. It'll look brand now! Set up the Phosban reactor and you are good to go.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:D Send it to me Knuck, I'll fix it and well um keep it. So there :P

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
S!mon":xwugfdy0 said:
That is a sweet bong on the coffee table. 8)

I think you have been tokin too much dude, there is no bong pictured, there isin't even a coffee table pictured even as a reflection.

Its a lampshade

:roll: Druggies... :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, and thanks for all the advice, even though not a bit of it will help.

Really, its just motivation. Maybe someone would volunteer to come kick me in the a$$

That might do it.

Tonight for the 4th night in a row the wife and I were sitting on the couch at 6:15 with nothing to do. We watched another movie. I think its seasonal depression from the time change...

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright...

I did a water change last night, scraped the glass down, sucked out all the algae and sent it down a piece of PVC into my side yard....

So, without further ado...

Attachments

• z1.jpg
    z1.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 1,655

LA-Lawman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow!!! Knuck, we knew you still had it!!!!

feel the force. be one with it. it is, your friend!!!

the knuck-i-nator is back!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: