• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

:oops:

Could it be because I am busy all the time and really don't have the energy to properly maintain it?

Or could it be because I made everything so worry free by adding auto top off and everything that now I don't even have to go down to the basement to add water anymore, so I don't bother checking the skimmer?

Or could it be because I am just a fickle and lazy person of dubious origin?

Anyone else go through these phases? My tank looks like crap now and I just plain don't want to take the time to make it look better.

Ben1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah happens to us all, you'll come out of it. I am opening a new business right now and have been putting in 12 hours 7 day weeks so am in the same boat as you right now.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It happens. My unplanned year off really made me miss having a tank.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate my tank too, so don't feel bad.

If something would grow and/or not die I might be happier with it.

trido

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it is natural to go through cycles with the hobby. I would go a year or two bored with the tank and do nothing. Then suddenly, bam, renewed energy with lots of time and money being dumped into the tank. You'll pull out of it when the time is right.

kennyfish

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Down in the basement eh? How much time do you spend just hanging out down there, or do you only go down there to work on the tank?

shavo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are you the same way with guitar playing? just curious, you have a little responsibility to the creatures that you bring home. do it for them please!!!!!!

and that goes to the rest of you that chimed in!!!!

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
kennyfish":2dssm58m said:
Down in the basement eh? How much time do you spend just hanging out down there, or do you only go down there to work on the tank?

The tank is in the living room, all the maintenance stuff is in the basement, including the sump, skimmer, heaters, top off system and all.

I was working out down there, but I got bored with that, so basically we only go down to do the laundry, and I am a man so you can tell how often that ends up being me....

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
shavo":3j0dkzk3 said:
are you the same way with guitar playing? just curious, you have a little responsibility to the creatures that you bring home. do it for them please!!!!!!

and that goes to the rest of you that chimed in!!!!

I play just about every day, it relaxes me.

I don't think looking at the tank relaxes me. It just stresses me out that it looks like crap.

I am thinking about canning the whole thing and putting some dirt in it and growing fancy plants or something.

I am sure my wife would hate that...

shavo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey I play everyday too. I get more frustrated with that than i do with my tank to tell you the truth. been playing the bass for 20 something years.

but seriously check your water and see where it is, take a saturday morning and do some maintenance on the tank. Do something radical, pull everything out ornamental and change it up. do some interior decorating and make it look cool. I have found when i am bored i change the scenery and make it diffferent, fish find new places sometimes act differently. and buy something new to interest you. pull out the twanger and play infront of it. I put an excersize bike infront of mine so if i am watching i can be pedaling.

or if you wanted, I am thinking of starting a home business for tank maintenance. wanna be my first customer? i'll clean that thing and change it all up.

can you post a pic of this boring, dirty, non maintaned tank so we can see what your talking about???

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
shavo":2j0yqcf1 said:
hey I play everyday too. I get more frustrated with that than i do with my tank to tell you the truth. been playing the bass for 20 something years.

but seriously check your water and see where it is, take a saturday morning and do some maintenance on the tank. Do something radical, pull everything out ornamental and change it up. do some interior decorating and make it look cool. I have found when i am bored i change the scenery and make it diffferent, fish find new places sometimes act differently. and buy something new to interest you. pull out the twanger and play infront of it. I put an excersize bike infront of mine so if i am watching i can be pedaling.

or if you wanted, I am thinking of starting a home business for tank maintenance. wanna be my first customer? i'll clean that thing and change it all up.

can you post a pic of this boring, dirty, non maintaned tank so we can see what your talking about???

Maybe tomorrow, the lights are out.

You can clean my tank.

Ever see the movie Dirty love? SMACK MY BASS!!!

OH crap that cracks me up...

shavo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
where at in jersey? i am in the philly area. I am a tank consultant and interior decorator. if interested i would do it for fun. no charge the first time.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: