Jaydontlag_

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 92.9%
13   1   0
So I’m currently using Fritz RPM salt but I’ve noticed my corals a little bland in color. Was thinking of switching to Red Sea pro max or even instant ocean reef crystals since they have increased elements.

Has anyone had any issues with these salts and running their tanks with high dkh?

Timfish

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used IO for a couple decades but when they had their problem a couple years ago with it solidifying in the packaging and making bricks and not mixing well I switched to Fritz. And since it's made in the USA I'm guessing quality control is better than stuff made in China.

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
My preference is ESV. It is a little more work but the quality is so much better than everything else on the market. In a pinch I will use Tropic Marin Pro (German plant). This post served as my reminder than I have run out of ESV. ;-)

bobthereef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m currently using Fritz RPM salt but I’ve noticed my corals a little bland in color. Was thinking of switching to Red Sea pro max or even instant ocean reef crystals since they have increased elements.

Has anyone had any issues with these salts and running their tanks with high dkh?
what dkh are u getting out of the fritz. i get 9 dkh when i use fritz blue.

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
l tried many different salts thinking there's one magical salts will out perform the next new salt. Some mix clearer while some have higher salinity. Basically for me came too availability and cost. I did have my favorites but saw know real difference. After hearing people like Jason Fox and big aquariums use IO. I'm back using IO.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: