ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Originally posted by nanoreefer22:
Shaun that sounds great. :D Maybe sometime in the future I could come check out your tank. I would love to see what your entire tank looks like.

I've the got the xenia about midway up in the tank under the MH. It's right up against the glass. Hopefully it picks up in the next few days.

And wow 30 types of zoos, I've only got 3 types..hehe...
Sure Kris, sometime in the near future your more than welcome to come by. My tank now looks like what us humans do after a haircut. It needs to grow in a little more after the serious crewcut I gave it for the swap.

I've been collecting zoanthids for years, so it wasn't hard overtime to collect so many. I wish I had more, because they are just so different and colorful.

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
That would be cool. Thats probably how my tank looked before the swap. Nows it's really nice.

ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
solbby, You forgot me :( .. :D Don't sweat on it, you know me more once I have my tank fully up.. :D Can't wait to grab some gems from your tank
Now its just plain old live rock with a few frags from the frag swap.

Second on Kris, really want to see your tank in action!!

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Originally posted by ctxmonitor:
solbby, You forgot me :( .. :D Don't sweat on it, you know me more once I have my tank fully up.. :D Can't wait to grab some gems from your tank
Now its just plain old live rock with a few frags from the frag swap.

Second on Kris, really want to see your tank in action!!
Sure thing, :D .

MPISCIOTTI

Rating - 95%
19   1   0
hello everyone had a nice time. johnthon thanks for having me over. also robby good to see you it has been a few years.

jonathon we spoke about using my back yard in the summer for a swap if you guys need a place. keep that in mind i have no problems with that if need a place

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
a backyard swap sounds cool. just make sure it's not in august, the frags might boil!
that's up to house, solbby and josh to decide.

from what people have said the swaps are getting larger. I can see someday we may have to rent out the javitt's center ; )

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Last year we did two fragswaps, both were fantastic, however, this last one was the best in terms of frags (we must have had more than 200 frags present, best guess) and attendence.

I think that probably this year we will do two also (Jim, Josh, and Rich please chime in here), probably in about 5-6 months from now. If we do them too soon, there will not be enough time to grow the corals out to make frags, nor will there be such a novelty to it.

It is better when the whole community can come. If they were too often, people may loose interest. But that is just my opinion,

But there is no reason why as a group we can't get together more often! :D One thing that we could do, is copy LIRA, in that we could invite guess speakers to come and visit us/give a talk. We could also do fragging classes (which I think would be alot of fun!). For example a cool yearly schedule would be: bi-annual fragswaps, and two separate guess talks/coral husbandary classes!

[ March 08, 2005, 12:29 PM: Message edited by: solbby ]

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
the meetings are a great idea, there can always be some passing along of frags too. I know if I have something growing well in my tank I'll be happy to give some to anyone who wants some.

Also in the warmer months at my place we grill outside on my roof/deck almost every night, it's very relaxing. jumbo shrimp and cold beer, on a day like this, that sounds so good now. of course your all invited! maybe in the summer I can set up a kiddie "tide pool" with star fish, shrimp and such. JK but that would be funny. I wonder what size chiller you would need? you could catch your own dinner

[ March 08, 2005, 12:50 PM: Message edited by: jhale ]

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Originally posted by jhale:

Also in the warmer months at my place we grill outside on my roof/deck almost every night, it's very relaxing. jumbo shrimp and cold beer, on a day like this, that sounds so good now. of course your all invited! maybe in the summer I can set up a kiddie "tide pool" with star fish, shrimp and such. JK but that would be funny. I wonder what size chiller you would need? you could catch your own dinner
Now Jonathan that sounds like a good plan!! :D

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Are those are the orange/blue/green center? If so, they are one of my favorites right now :D . Zoanthids don't get much nicer than those.

I am glad you like them!!

[ March 11, 2005, 12:20 AM: Message edited by: solbby ]

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: