In order to respect our fellow vendors we ask that you post any feedback (good or bad) within this thread. We also encourage you to use the Reefer Rating system developed by Manhattan Reefs.

Thank you for your support! We look forward to providing healthy / happy fish to the MR community and seeing the faces of happy reefers :)

Last edited by a moderator:

mankc

Advanced Reefer
Beautiful and Healthy livestock!!!

Wanted to let everyone know, the excellent service and healthy live stock Diamonds of the reef has to offer... I'm sure many on here already know the quality this vendor has to offer, but Im so happy with the experience I'd figure share it... I purchased a beautiful and healthy Golden Rhomboid from Dom a few days ago, when I introduced the fish in my tank I waited a few then did my usually mysis feeding :) To my surprise this fish cameout of the rocks and starting pounding the mysys LOL, now that is what you call healthy live stock... I'll try and post some pics soon...

P.S Hey Dom, the mystery has forgotten about him :) I hope is stays that way!

Domboski

No Coral Here
Thanks Kenny and that is great news! Keep me posted on the situation with the mystery wrasse. You know I'm here to help :wink1: We can't wait to see pics! That fish was gorgeous :)

I hope you don't mind but I merged your thread with the sticky feedback thread I created. Helps keep things clean in the marketplace.

Domboski

No Coral Here

mankc

Advanced Reefer
Thanks Kenny and that is great news! Keep me posted on the situation with the mystery wrasse. You know I'm here to help :wink1: We can't wait to see pics! That fish was gorgeous :)

I hope you don't mind but I merged your thread with the sticky feedback thread I created. Helps keep things clean in the marketplace.

That's fine... Thanks again :)

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
So I've been in the hobby for a while now and I have to say that Diamonds Of The Reef did surprise me with their livestock. Many vendors online or retail state that they treat & sometimes QT their fish but in reality, all they are doing is keeping the salinity low & maintaining a low dose of copper in their system. Fish look fine but after you acclimate them into your system & at full salinity, well it becomes a 50/50 crap shoot.
As an informed customer, we/I take this chance and logic dictates that we/I should QT the new fish/fishes for any outbreaks.
Looks like Diamonds Of The Reef has done this tedious step for us and I can definitely say that I am a true believer and will be a repeat customer.
I bought a beautiful 4" Black Tang and intoduced him into one of my systems that contained a Purple & Powder Blue Tang. Short story is the Black Tang got beat up pretty bad where there were open cuts and torn fins. I grabbed him out the following morning and placed him into another system. If this fish was carrying any parasites or flukes, he would have most likely gotten worse and possibly kick the bucket. This fish took about 3 days to recoup and is almost 100% while eating all this time.
My other purchase was 2 Flame Angels. Flame Angels for me have always been about a 25% survival rate for some reason. The 2 that I bought were large & medium and they are nice and fat. They even surpassed the "I'll kick your arse" syndrome from my other 3 Flame Angels that are in the tank :lol2:

Domboski

No Coral Here
Damn Warren. You didn't tell me you were sending the fish to war! :lol2: Good thing boot camp prepared them for it :wink1:. I'm glad you are happy and keep me posted on how they do. The large flame was from my personal collection so you know he has been through the ringer (stonefish, lionfish, anglers, etc).

Talk to you soon

Chapz

Chap Attack Begin!!!!!
Purchased 2 Items from Diamonds of the Reef. Both very healthy and immediately eating. Especially livestock that others rarely carries. Will continue to purchase and recommend them to others.
Thanks to Dom and Justin for there finds.

Last edited by a moderator:

Domboski

No Coral Here
Purchased 2 Items from Diamonds of the Reef. Both very healthy and immediately eating. Especially livestock that others rarely carries. Will continue to purchase and recommend them to others.
Thanks to Dom and Justin for there finds.

Thanks for the feedback Peter! I'm glad the fish are doing well. Please keep us posted on their health.

Dom

Slamajamajama

Because Thats How I Roll.
Well here is MY Elegant coris wrasse I got from Diamonds...just getting better and better...thxs Dom for letting me have this beauty.

Attachments

• DSCF2874.JPG
    DSCF2874.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 375
  • DSCF2884.JPG
    DSCF2884.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 374
New edition to the family

got this guy from diamond on the reef.......thanks Dom

Attachments

• DSC01785.jpg
    DSC01785.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 372
  • DSC01792.jpg
    DSC01792.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 373
  • DSC01793.jpg
    DSC01793.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 372
  • DSC01801.jpg
    DSC01801.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 370
  • DSC01815.jpg
    DSC01815.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 370
  • DSC01807.jpg
    DSC01807.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 364

bigsink

Advanced Reefer
Picked up a female Flame Wrasse at a great price from Justin & Dom last week. Unfortunately, the fish did not eat and perished a few days later. Two days later, Justin is at my door with a replacement fish that is doing beautifully. It is eating and I cannot wait to put it into the display tank in a week or two. These guys are stand up and honor their 1 week guarantee. I look forward to purchasing more fish from them in the future. Hopefully you guys will start getting some inverts in the near future. I would LOVE a Hawaiian T. maxima. Although, it is probably illegal to harvest.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: