Domboski

No Coral Here
We are happy to offer fish for free or at a reduced cost in order to find them a good home. The following are a few of the reasons we will put a fish up for adoption and will always be specified for each fish offered:

• Given to us to provide a good home
  • Imperfect fish
  • Just want to make room
Our guarantee is not valid for adoptions :duh:

We are trusting MR members to be responsible and not re-sale a fish they got cheap or for free at a profit. This offer is to help MR members, who may not have the money to spend on fish, to have the opportunity to care and enjoy fish they may not have otherwise purchased.

Should you adopt a fish and can no longer provide for them we encourage you to re-post on MR as an adoption. We certainly will take the fish back and re-post as well.

MR Donors receive priority :)

Last edited:

Domboski

No Coral Here
Yellow Margin Triggerfish (Pseudobalistes flavimarginatus)

This fish was about half the size when I first got him. Now the trigger is about 2" long. The trigger is in perfect health and has been treated with copper power and praziquantel. It eats mysis and pellets. I tried selling him and there were no takers so now he becomes our first adoption offer.

General Information:

Minimum Tank Size: 300 gallons
Care Level: Easy
Reef Compatible: No
Water Conditions: 72-78? F, dKH 8-12, pH 8.1-8.4, sg 1.020-1.025
Max. Size: 2'
Diet: Carnivore

FREE TO A GOOD HOME

trigger2.jpg

cthoughts1

Advanced Reefer
That's awefully nice of you. Wish I could house the little guy, but I can't. Hope you can find a good home for him. Let me know if you ever have any blue dotted sleeper/glider gobies, I'll be more than happy to provide them with a caring home. :birthday:

Domboski

No Coral Here
Elegant Coris Wrasse (Coris venusta)

$10 Adoption Fee

General Information:

Common Name: Elegant Coris
Scientific Name: [FONT=&quot]Coris venusta[/FONT]
Max Size: 7.6?
Reef Safe: No
Collection Location: Hawaii
Tank Conditions: 72-78?F; sg 1.020-1.025; pH 8.1-8.4
Minimum Tank Capacity: 100G
Compatibility: Will do fine with most fish but don?t house with shrimp or crabs.
Diet: This fish eats a meaty diet such as mysis shrimp and small crabs.

Usually this fish is brightly colored. It is healthy otherwise and eating everything I offer such as pellets, mysis and other frozen foods. Needs a sand bed of at least 2-3" to truly be happy. There is a good chance the colors will brighten up over time so this is a good opportunity to get a nice fish cheap. See pics of the last one we sold here: Elegant Coris Wrasse

Normally I would sell this fish for at least $25.

Picture4760.jpg

Picture4754.jpg

artie1209

Advanced Reefer
I must say that may be the coolest thing I have ever seen from anyone in this hobby especially coming from a vendor. I have been in this hobby for a very long time and it is fantastic to see someone putting livestock first. I stand up at my keyboard to give you a standing ovation. Hopefully the rest of us can live up to your led.

Pootie

Advanced Reefer
i would like to add to the list..
i have a 3" Gold stripe Maroon Clown.

He is 100% non-aggressive towards my other fish.

Only problem i must warn is that he diggs A LOTTTTTTTTTT and will move rocks!!

I also adopted him from another member. But i am now moving on from my FOWLR and starting to keep a few zoos. And with the standstorm that he creats he covers my lower laying rocks with silt!!

He is FREE to someone that understands the risk involved! ( but if you have a small reef-safe fish or a small skunk cleaner shrimp, snails, or hermits you'd like to trade , that will be great)

http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii314/MrPootie/?action=view&current=MVI_5212.flv

mstrpln03

Advanced Reefer
Elegant Coris

I am interested in this fish. Where in Chelsea is your store located?

$10 Adoption Fee

General Information:

Common Name: Elegant Coris
Scientific Name: [FONT=&quot]Coris venusta[/FONT]
Max Size: 7.6?
Reef Safe: No
Collection Location: Hawaii
Tank Conditions: 72-78?F; sg 1.020-1.025; pH 8.1-8.4
Minimum Tank Capacity: 100G
Compatibility: Will do fine with most fish but don?t house with shrimp or crabs.
Diet: This fish eats a meaty diet such as mysis shrimp and small crabs.

Usually this fish is brightly colored. It is healthy otherwise and eating everything I offer such as pellets, mysis and other frozen foods. Needs a sand bed of at least 2-3" to truly be happy. There is a good chance the colors will brighten up over time so this is a good opportunity to get a nice fish cheap. See pics of the last one we sold here: Elegant Coris Wrasse

Normally I would sell this fish for at least $25.

Picture4760.jpg

Picture4754.jpg

Domboski

No Coral Here
Male Flame Wrasse (Cirrhilabrus jordani)

General Information:

Minimum Tank Size: 90 gallons
Care Level: Moderate
Temperament: Peaceful
Reef Compatible: Yes
Water Conditions: 72-78? F, dKH 8-12, pH 8.1-8.4, sg 1.020-1.025
Max. Size: 4"
Diet: Carnivore
Origin: Hawaii

This fish is beautiful and healthy as you can see. It has a slight imperfection on its side. It looks like it may have been hurt at one point but all of its coloration is normal in that area. Just a slight indentation. The fish has been QT'd and we have it it over a month. Eats frozen mysis and Hikari Marine-S pellets.

Adoption fee is $75!!!!!!!! This fish sells for as much as $250 :eek:

If you want a female to go along with it the cost for the pair would be $135.

Picture4346.jpg

flamemale-ap2.jpg

Last edited:

mstrpln03

Advanced Reefer
Elegant Coris

Let me know if it doesn't get picked up friday. I was gonna pick it up tonight but someonme beat me to it. I would like to check out your store, where is it?

Sorry but someone beat you to it :( Keep an eye out for other fish.

The trigger and elegant coris wrasse have been adopted pending pick up this Friday :)

Thank you for providing a good home for these fish pmui :)

Domboski

No Coral Here
Let me know if it doesn't get picked up friday. I was gonna pick it up tonight but someonme beat me to it. I would like to check out your store, where is it?

I don't have a store. I work out of my home and so does my partner on LI. Currently I am in the process of moving into a house in NJ so I really don't have anything impressive as far as facilities. However, when I move that will be a different story :) We just started so in a month or so we should almost be at full strength. When we are all set up I'm going to post pictures of the facilities. Eventually we want to open a store but the timing is not right at the moment.

I'll keep you posted on the wrasse and thanks for offering a good home to the fish :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: