• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
LOL you guy are killing me ..LOL
Im not going through suppliers this time ,going direct ,The branch mang is away for a week on vaction ,i spoke to him last week ,just waiting for him to get back to me ,I will give him a call today to check up in my account

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I have not used the salt, but I use other seachem products and like them.

I also am sure the problems people experience with other salt brands will not be a factor with seachem.

Rborgia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
jhale said:
I have not used the salt, but I use other seachem products and like them.

I also am sure the problems people experience with other salt brands will not be a factor with seachem.

Well, I am using I/O and like Rich (Jackson6745 ??) experienced... I have low CA. not 200s, im low 300s. Was hoping to find something better. I will compare the two and see where else they differ while waiting for size/pricing and make a decision then.

Thanks

Rich

spykes

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Rborgia said:
Well, I am using I/O and like Rich (Jackson6745 ??) experienced... I have low CA. not 200s, im low 300s. Was hoping to find something better. I will compare the two and see where else they differ while waiting for size/pricing and make a decision then.

Thanks

Rich
300's are normal, 9.6dkh is normal as well. uhm i dont know about you but there are something called additives?

Rborgia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
spykes said:
300's are normal, 9.6dkh is normal as well. uhm i dont know about you but there are something called additives?

uhm... If you can get something that would require less work (eliminating daily adding of necessary components) wouldn't that make things a bit easier?

To each his own, but i'm a believer in working smarter... not harder.

So... if chaning salt makes things a little easier, and I dont have to add C-complex or B-Ionic... and my skimmer wont go crazy once a day from the additives... I think that would be working smarter (and potentially saving $$$ in the long run). but... that just my opinion.

Rich

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
<----- Warning Salt Snob

I'd be really annoyed if I had to buffer the salt mix just to get the alk or ca up. and then what do you do if one is way to high? which i've heard happening before. some salt is fine for fish only tanks, I have a reef tank though and refuse to use garbage to make my water with. after all that's invested it's just not worth it to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: