• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

John

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 85.7%
12   2   0
Thats fine. You may want to ask some other users how they feel about them. The last group buy they purchased 15 or so and dont think they had any problems. There is a 3 year warranty on them and im sure many will tell you they work just fine for them

pmui

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
I'm not sure if anyone else had problems.
unit #1: gave me false reading on the out side. The output side kept giving me a "err" reading which ment the TDS was greater than 999ppm, it was connected after the DI cartridge. sent that back got unit #2.
Unit #2: work for 2mo, then drop dead, I've changed the battery to check to see if it was working....dead. I did not leave the unit "on", it's only turned on when i want to check the TDS.
I'm not sure if anyone else had problems with there units, the manuf. made good on the warrenty I maybe got lemons. I've been using a Hanna hand held unit for several year, it's work fine for me. Just got to calibrate it once a year.

John- not to ruine your GB. Just thought buyers should be aware.
Peter

yessongs

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Peter, may sound stupid but did you have the dots lined up?
I haven't had a problem with mine and its dead on with my handheld up to a point.
A few times i went for my handheld only to find out i forgot to shut it off and the batteries were dead.
I found the handheld worked best if you check the water in a clean shot glass right after you fill it, if you wait the numbers go up.
Other then that they both worked fine for me.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
450   2   0
I don't like to throw money away either. However, the majority of people that own these don't seem to have trouble. At least I haven't heard of any patterns. An isolated instance is not something to be treated like a Leper.

The reality of it is, this unit can be better than a hand held, and, it is only $20. I've got so many spare plumbing fittings sitting in my garage I bet they total close to $100. For $20 in this hobby it's worth a shot. It's all in the perspective. BTW, I won't be throwing out my hand held.

Russ

hans1976

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
John,
I am doing a group buy for the Conn Area Reefers. I am ordering the hand held units (they are only $19). But I have had a few folks wanting the in-line meter as well. Mind if they join in?

Jeff

John

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 85.7%
12   2   0
okay since were gonna obviously have enough members for 10+ of these units I will post my paypal so we can move this GB along. It's $22 shipped please also include the paypal fee. [email protected]

Please also include your MR username so I know who is who

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: