alrha

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
FREEZE-DRIED CYCLOP-EEZE?
All Freeze-Dried CYCLOP-EEZE? products are packaged in either vacuum-sealed cans or bags. Opened cans should be covered with the plastic top and stored in a refrigerator or freezer in the absence of light. Do not store open product at room temper-ature as the Freeze-Dried product will take on atmospheric moisture and will degrade.

oops!

michael stern

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.1%
112   1   0
Jim,

I'd like 1 PE mysis.
Also, can you get me Krill, like last time? If so, I'll take one.
Finally, do they have any angel formula type food (with sponge)? That's my main need for buying from Drs Foster & Smith. If they do, I'd skip that order.

Michael

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
FYI - my mistake it's e.pacifica mysis, not PE (Cali, feel free to chime in - I only know this stuff is good, not the details).

Sorry for the confusion - I am still on for the PLankton (e.pacifica)

House

E. Pacifica is a salt water mysis, not the same as PE mysis which is a trade mark name for Canadian fresh water mysis, Mysis relicta.

Jim, I am in for a full block this time.. Thanks.

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
google-boy is getting a little rusty. i didnt ask if they are from the same company, i asked if there is a difference between them, as all else being equal, i would think the dry forms are easier to use than the frozen form(saves the freezer space and the whole hassle of breaking a piece off and melting it etc)

Get frozen if you want live stock other than fish to enjoy them, flakes are hard for LPS and softis to catch. I have some flakes I can bring to you if you like to try some, they suck!

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
Just a heads up for those that are stockpiling this stuff, mysis gets freezer burn pretty easily and the packaging it comes in leaks air after a while. A 2.5kg block is about the size of a shoe box if I remember correctly, it will last a LONGGG time for most people and I would say you will end up throwing some of it away because of freezer burn.

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
I agree with Cali, but I have done some things to remedy that - I let it thaw just to the right temp and cut it into blocks 4x times the size of the ones you buy from the store. Once that is done, I double bag gallon freezer bags and take as much air as possible out of the first bag and then double bag it taking the air out of the second as well. Has worked for me and I am almost out of the e.pacifica that I split with Cali - none has freezer burn and they are definately close to the size of a shoebox, only a little flatter.

If you want to split one, that is not a problem and I can note that on the order so people can see you are looking to split. BTW, you can score it and then give it a Hi-ya! and split the block in 1/2 quite easily.

Good looking out Cali.

House

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: