Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I just got off the phone w/ the folks at atlantis ( http://atlantisaquarium.net )regarding organizing a group buy for the Fall Frag Swap on Dec. 9. The deal is if the order is over $500 the shipping is free, and individuals may get extra bonus goodies at atlantisaquarium's discression depending on the size of their order.

I figure at the least, with my order we can easily hit the $500 mark and get free shipping. I have a funny feeling we will go beyond that after speaking with some of you today.

Since the swap is on a Sunday, the shipment will have to be on Saturday Dec 8. This is where it may get tricky if the order becomes large, i am more than happy to hold frags and bring them to the swap on sunday, however the liability of an enormous order in my hands for 24hrs makes me nervous. So lets say I can bring them to the swap on Sunday, but you can come Saturday to pick up your stuff if you rather me not hold it for you.

Also if someone in a more central delivery location like Manhattan wants to volunteer, speak up and be heard. But if the choice comes down to my house or brooklyn, it's coming to my house. :D For the Non-Jersey Folk, hoboken is a 11 minute Path Train from 33rd street station.

So let's get the ball rolling, the next step is to see what kind of interest is out there and get the ball rolling. Please post the items and price of what you would like to order.

PLEASE DON'T WASTE EVERYONE'S TIME AND POST ITEMS YOU WANT UP UNLESS YOU INTEND ON ACTUALLY BUYING

Thanks,

Wes

Wes
FRG-125 PINK LEMONADE 3/4"-$100
FRG-303 ATL Super Red Millipora 3/4"-$80
FRG-129 Tyree Sunset Monti 1/2"-$100
Tyree's Limited Edition Blue Prostrata 1" - $60
WES TOTAL $340

Chiefmcfuz
FRG-122 Superman Digitata 3/4"-$70
Chiefmcfuz TOTAL $70

http://atlantisaquarium.net

Last edited:

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Superman Digitata
frg-122 3/4"-$70

montibluered.jpg

Last edited:

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
:scratchch will have to see as we get closer to the frag swap, it's still kinda early...when would you be closing the gb?

Right now i'm looking to get a specific list of at least $500 then i will get back to back to them We can leave it up to them regarding deadlines for adding to the order.

Grisha can you be a little more specific? Thanks

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Right now it's to far from the Frag Swap to start this group buy, Atlantis isn't going to hold corals for 1 1/2 months, regardless of how large the GB is. Remember Atlantis is a store and they will sell things to people that come into the store first.

You should revisit this around the middle of November, which will give you about 3 weeks to get it together.

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Right now it's to far from the Frag Swap to start this group buy, Atlantis isn't going to hold corals for 1 1/2 months, regardless of how large the GB is. Remember Atlantis is a store and they will sell things to people that come into the store first.

You should revisit this around the middle of November, which will give you about 3 weeks to get it together.

Thanks for the concern but let's let Atlantis speak for themselves on this issue. I spoke with them on the phone today and told them the date of the meeting and they didn't seem to be concerned about how Early or Late this is exactly...So we will cross the bridge of holds, etc. when we get to that.

I have people who want to do this, spoke with other mods about it, etc. so unless you want to buy something...

I am just looking to put together an initial list of interest and will get back them as instructed by them via phonecall. I never said i had to get back to them immediately. :)

Last edited:

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
As for speaking with the other mods about this GB, I'll bring up my concerns over it.

Please do... I don't have to do this but i figured i would let others piggy back on an order im going to make regardless of a group buy or not. There was enough interest for me to offer to arrange a group order. I know of a few mods who want told me they want in on the order so I made the call and started the thread as promised.

Last edited by a moderator:

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0

I am just looking to put together an initial list of interest and will get back them as instructed by them via phonecall. I never said i had to get back to them immediately. :)

I never said that you couldn't or shouldn't do the GB but it's very early to start one, especially with Atlantis. You need to remember that they're a retail operation first and they're going to sell things in store to people that come in first, even if you purchase the coral ahead of time.

It's good to put the idea of a GB out there but you'll find that the longer period you leave the GB open the better chance of it not happening or things going wrong. This is coming from someone who has done quite a few GB on the board.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Please lets keep the GB debate civil.

There are concerns that are valid that were brought up.

We want to make sure the GB goes smoothly for everyone involved.

Slamajamajama

Because Thats How I Roll.
Rating - 98.2%
54   1   0
jm2c but ive done 3 GB with atalantis and 3 personal buys, concidering wat a hard job it is to keep things straight, i guarentee between some peeps bailing and others climbing on board it would be maddening to have this gb open for that long, not to mention michaels right...they will tell u yes (no harm no foul) but will sell first come first serve..example; michael and i would contact Joleen (mmmm Joleen, wonder if she still looks fresh) once we got it started so as to hold our choices and NEVER went over a 5 day span for fear of losing corals...so, do wat u must wes, but the advice is sound

and Paul, chill my friend, u will get ur corals, everone is just getting wes's back, all good

We can organize a plain group buy and if things are needed for the swap we can always get another one going :)

good solution B

Last edited:

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I decided to not organize an official MR group buy. I was just offering because I know there were others interestested in getting something from Atlantis and I figured the upcoming swap would be convenient for everyone. There is not really much in it for me since i can get the free shipping for myself if i spend a little more money. I don't really want to be bothered with the politics.

If anyone that originally showed interest wants to add on to my order for free shipping and doesn't mind picking up from my place let me know, i'll probably be making the order next week.

Wes

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: