• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

D

DEEPWATER

Deanos said:
Don't worry Rich. That'll shoot up once people start receiving their Gadgets. :grouphug:
By the time your are done ,you may hold the record for feedbacks :D

RichT

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
DEEPWATER said:
By the time your are done ,you may hold the record for feedbacks :D

Long way to go to catch up with you. Im real happy it's working out so well for those that already have it and am confident those that will have it will wonder how they made out with out it. I know I am. Cleaning the glass before was........well :banghead:

As I said before, anyone heading to Cape May give a shout. Maybe we can sip adult flavored beverages by the pool while talking reefs.

stingnyc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
has anyone heard from RichT? I pm'd him cause mine broke after the 1st day of use.... jim do you have a contact # for him? lmk

-steve

RichT

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Steve what happened? How did it break? I don't have that happen very often. I'll send you out another.

Solbby, I sent them on Tuesday (forgot Monday was a holiday) so you should see them shortly. Their in the postman's hands now. In fact I sent a few others with yours. You did get your tracking number via email from the USPS correct?

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
RichT said:
Steve what happened? How did it break? I don't have that happen very often. I'll send you out another.

Solbby, I sent them on Tuesday (forgot Monday was a holiday) so you should see them shortly. Their in the postman's hands now. In fact I sent a few others with yours. You did get your tracking number via email from the USPS correct?
LOL ,,i did the same thing.,some of us have strong hand ,lol ,that why i bought 2 from you ,but i saved the other one tha i broke and glued it ,so it works well.
No need for replacing ,it work fine :eek:

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
It looks a bit messy but im not cleaning royalty here .lol ,my fish dont mine

RichT

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I'm concerned as to why they broke. Shouldn't be enough pressure to cause them to break unless something is happening with yours that's not happening with mine. What do you guys think the problem is? The only time I had a problem is when one customer thought the bend wasn't right and tried to "straighten it out a little" without heating it. LMK

I put up a page on my site for installation. Could someone review it and LMK if I should change anything?

I'll get that replacement right out Steve, and Deepwater, np if you want a replacement.

Thanks again,

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
thats what i did ,i heated it up to get lined up ,and broke it while doing it ,Not to worry about,I fixed it and it works great ,i didnt even glue the the other one ,because i got the one that i broke glued on fine,No need for replacing here Rich ,Im very happy with what i got.
Thx again for the easy work
One thing ,Ive notice this week that some aquarium store in brklyn are making these scrapers>did you sell any to them by any chance ?

RichT

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
DEEPWATER said:
One thing ,Ive notice this week that some aquarium store in brklyn are making these scrapers>did you sell any to them by any chance ?

Most likely.......Figured it wouldn't be long before many were making them. I offered LIRA a group buy and one of their officers decided to make a bunch and sell them himself. No harm no foul I guess. I'm just trying to help out fellow reefers and supplement my habit.......I mean hobby a bit.
I got some other things rumbling around in my mellon that won't be so easy to copy so we'll see where that goes. :tongue1:

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
good to hear ,make sure you copy right it time ,so its yours and only yours

stingnyc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
RichT said:

i'm not sure what happened... i was cleaning and the i noticed the blade at the bottom of my tank.

how do i remove the old acrylic thats stuck to the magnet? i will post pics later. thanks

-steve

RichT

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
What glue did you use? If you used PVC cement, you can sometimes heat it with a heat gun and pry off the acrylic. Otherwise, it may just be best to trim up the remaining acrylic and attach a new one over top the other. The pic's and type of glue will help me determine my recommendation.

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
RichT said:
They were in the mail today, :D . THANKS!! I will be testing them out in the coming week.

Robert and Randy, I have yours. Let's work out a time to meet up via PM.

Vic8361

Rating - 100%
142   0   0
Just got mine all glued up and WOW it's amazing how fast I did my tank and my tank was a mess especially by the sand bed. Thanks Jim for setting this one up and many thanks to Rich T for the great service. I am going to buy another one for a friend of mine as soon as I get his address. I would not be with out one of these while I have a tank. Awesome product for a very reasonable price can't beat that. Another good thing for those who haven't bought a very strong magnet that cost so much money you could get a way with just having a mag float and get the same job done for less.

Thanks again,
Vic

Last edited:

RichT

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Thanks for the rating Deanos.

Vic, I'm not sure if you noticed that I changed up the model #s on my website. Which magnet are you going to attach the order you just placed.

Rich

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: